Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

jba dual exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default jba dual exhaust?

people here have seemed to just be using the magnaflow or gt take-offs for the v6 duals..but has anybody tried the jba ones yet? i was wondering if they sound less ricey than the magnaflows. the recording on the jba website sounds better...but those recordings are not really acurate from what i have heard in the past
Old 10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: jba dual exhaust?

I dig my jba's...

Here's a clip taken soon after install. They seem to have gotten a bit deeper since then. Keep in mind, this clip is also with their headers...

http://transcendingtouch.com/mustang...s_jbaduals.mp3
Old 10-23-2005, 12:29 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

Wow! There is a night-and-day difference between the deep sound and aggressive tone of the JBA's vs. the ricey, whiney sound of the magnaflows.

That was with the JBA's and headers eh? I see you also have the GT bumper, do you need to cut out the bumper/buy a GT bumper if you get this setup, or can I leave my current one on? And did you use a mid pipe or is it just the kit? Sounds great man!
Old 10-23-2005, 12:42 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

wow that was definitly the sound i was hoping for!!
thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 01:45 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

With any dual setup, you'll either need a GT bumper or cut out a driver side notch on the original bumper. Yes, this is with jba headers. The duals are the y-pipe version. Just after I placed my order, jba came out with their true duals... well, I'm very pleased with what I have, both performance and sound-wise.

It's a great tone... not too loud, but very present and meaty... and it just snarls when ya step on it.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:57 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

With any dual setup, you'll either need a GT bumper or cut out a driver side notch on the original bumper. Yes, this is with jba headers. The duals are the y-pipe version. Just after I placed my order, jba came out with their true duals... well, I'm very pleased with what I have, both performance and sound-wise.

It's a great tone... not too loud, but very present and meaty... and it just snarls when ya step on it.
How much do you think a muffler shop would charge to take a section out? And will it look good? I had the thought of "cutting" anything..
Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

anybody know how the jba true duals sound like?....i read in one of these posts somewhere that true duals on a v6 sounds ricey or not deep and aggressive since its only 3 cylinders to each muffler. this seems to make some sense but i wonder how some import dual exhaust cars (350Z for example) have a nice aggressive sound to em and that one is only a 3.5L V6. i'm very interested in true dual exhaust but not if its gonna sound weak sauce. i know it wont match the sound of a GT but i'm still hoping for a deep aggresive sound. at least better than the 350Z and my stock exhaust.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle
How much do you think a muffler shop would charge to take a section out? And will it look good? I had the thought of "cutting" anything..
I've heard of some shops doing it for free.. others charging $50 or so. I've heard of people doing it themselves with a Dremmel (sp?) with some great results. I think I'd have a body shop make that sort of mod, instead of a muffler shop. I went with the GT bumper, because a cut notch will never match the other side exactly (and I'm just picky).
Old 10-23-2005, 12:20 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

this is probably a stupid question, but i just cant find the answer
where can i get a gt bumper? lol
Old 10-23-2005, 03:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

This is where I got my GT take offs:

http://stores.ebay.com/Casco-Tech_W0...toreviewQQtZkm