Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AC issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Adam Niner

Default AC issues

I have a 2010 V6 mustang. The AC has been going in and out. The issue appears to be the fan as there is a small out of air that does come and is cold but it barely works. Also hitting the max AC button completely shuts it off. I think it is a wiring issue but does anyone have any ideas on where to start to fix this issue.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Adam Niner
I have a 2010 V6 mustang. The AC has been going in and out. The issue appears to be the fan as there is a small out of air that does come and is cold but it barely works. Also hitting the max AC button completely shuts it off. I think it is a wiring issue but does anyone have any ideas on where to start to fix this issue.
Could be the blower motor resistor. Do all of the blower speeds work or only some? If only some, the resistor is blown and needs replacing.

MAX/AC forces the system on as long as the A/C system is properly charged. Problem is that if the blower isn't working, that means the evaporator isn't changing the liquid Freon into gas from heat transfer so, it's freezing up and dropping the pressure in your A/C system which will shut the system off.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Adam Niner

yea, it honestly really doesn't work at all. it is a very small amount of air that comes out
Old 08-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Adam Niner

where would I find this part on the car? I know its under the dash somewhere but not sure where