MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   MPG!!!!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/73146-mpg.html)

gabeh1018 10-27-2005 01:05 AM

MPG!!!!!!

I was just curious as to what most of you get for your MPG on a full tank. Because Ive noticed that whenever my low fuel light comes on im at about like 250 to 260 on my tripometer and then i fill up and it does about 13.5 gallons. If you do the math is approx. like 19 MPG. I do half/half between highway and city driving and I rarely ever drive my car hard. Ive yet to reach into the low 20s in terms of MPG even if I do strictly highway driving. Is there something I can do or am I just overreacting about absolutey nothing. The reason why I bring this up is because gas is expensive in NJ and I want to get the most efficient fuel economy from my stang. Any thoughts???

Gabe

rygenstormlocke 10-27-2005 01:39 AM

RE: MPG!!!!!!

I can get 23MPG when I drive like there is an egg under my gas pedal....

...problem is I love driving this thing so much, and with the noticable improvement in torque with my mods.....I just have to floor it. So my MPG is pretty crappy. Good luck.

rygenstormlocke 10-27-2005 01:40 AM

Oh, and put a K&N filter on your car, or good CAI, it should help your MPG.

gabeh1018 10-27-2005 01:44 AM

yea thanks.... I actually ordered the CAI and Xcal2 combo from JMS earlier this afternoon and i also have the dual magnaflow exhaust system on my car as well.. so lets see what happens

Dean Martin 10-27-2005 10:29 AM

Driving about 90% highway, I get 26 mpg. I drive it hard enough, and set the cruise at 75-80. Have the AFE CAI & dual exhaust with GT take off mufflers, but combined those only got me about 1 mpg improvement.

mtal1259 10-27-2005 06:18 PM

I can get about 23 if I drive like a normal person, but I like to get on it a bit, so I usually average about 19-20.

LesteR723 10-27-2005 10:28 PM

lol i always drive like a jackass.. the cars just too much fun... i get around 13 average mpg... so dont take my advice when it comes to that.

Dean... what setup did you use with your GT takeoffs... cuz those are the best thing i'v heard on a v6 lately, and i want to get the best most cost effective setup available

Dean Martin 10-28-2005 10:34 AM

I bought the GT mufflers from Casco, the factory left side hangers from Clevinger Ford, and cut the stock rear bumper myself. It was a piece of cake, I followed an old thread by Tres Wright which has great pics & tips in it. Drove it to the local muffler shop and he cut the facotry Y right past the cats, put on an H pipe and ran a new left side pipe to the GT muffler. He charged me about $150 for that. It was all fabricated with clamps like the factory setup so I can change my mind in the future and swap in any axle back stuff I like. Sounds & looks great.

hamidlmt 10-28-2005 11:24 AM

I've been getting around 20mpg, mostly city driving with some short jaunts on the interstate.

LesteR723 10-28-2005 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Dean Martin

I bought the GT mufflers from Casco, the factory left side hangers from Clevinger Ford, and cut the stock rear bumper myself. It was a piece of cake, I followed an old thread by Tres Wright which has great pics & tips in it. Drove it to the local muffler shop and he cut the facotry Y right past the cats, put on an H pipe and ran a new left side pipe to the GT muffler. He charged me about $150 for that. It was all fabricated with clamps like the factory setup so I can change my mind in the future and swap in any axle back stuff I like. Sounds & looks great.
can you link me to that thread?