Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Removing door molding on my 07 mustang, have question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 03:01 AM
Xenokai

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Even though those tires on Craigslist say they have only 100 miles on them, the question should be how old are they? Even tires that have low mileage but were made back in 2006 will have dry rot on the side walls. People will question, "If they have only 100 miles, they must me new!" Not so fast! It is possible (as many owners did) buy the car new and take the tires and rims off to put on modified tires & rims. These could be new or they could be old that have been sitting around in someone's garage for many years. Couldn't see the brand. I myself prefer the Michelin brand but my Mustang came with Pirellis. My car has 13,000 miles on it and the tires look great. Even has the little nipple things sticking out on the sidewall like on new tires, however, the tires are starting to show their age. Threads are great but if you look closely at the sidewalls you will see some cracks....Dry rot. Unfortunately where I live, when I get this car inspected in December, it could fail because of this. So in the mean time, I have been looking.
I drove over 80 miles and picked up those wheels, the seller was a dealship, wheels were on show in the store. Guy seemed very nice, and said he sold a guy a gt mustang and a few days later the guy came in and asked if he would buy the wheels since he got aftermarkets. He said he paid 400 and he just wanted to get what he paid for em. Shop was closed but opened to let us pick um up.

Wheels look nice and tires do look new with no rot from what I could tell. I have not put them on her yet since it was late. One thing my uncle was saying was that to watch out for people selling warped wheels but these seem fine, wont know until I pop um on. He said they have all be balanced and ready to be put on. Guy said he guranteed em tho.

Tires are Vercelli Strada II 245/45ZR-17, from what I can tell they rated for 80,000 miles with a rating of 500AA, good reviews so far ive read. They even have tri bar pony logos on the valve stem caps. Gonna try and wash the wheels and put em on today if possible. The center caps say ford but I may get some mustang tri bar caps.

Last edited by Xenokai; 03-19-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:25 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Well as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Xenokai

Which vector color would be best on a torch red mustang? White or Red diffussers? Really debating on picking one of these up.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Do have a link to the design?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Xenokai

Do have a link to the design?
White Defussers
https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxio...sers-0509.html

Red Defussers
https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxio...sers-0509.html
Old 03-22-2018, 09:25 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Hmm...If you pick the white one, it does contrast more with the exterior Torch Red, however, to me in that photo, it will look like the 2011 Mustang with the white back up lights incorporated in the design....if you like the look of the 2011 taillights. Me, I never cared for that look. I do like the style of the 2013.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Xenokai

Hmm...If you pick the white one, it does contrast more with the exterior Torch Red, however, to me in that photo, it will look like the 2011 Mustang with the white back up lights incorporated in the design....if you like the look of the 2011 taillights. Me, I never cared for that look. I do like the style of the 2013.
Im not a huge fan of the stock tail lights and those vectors looks pretty sweet. Pricey tho.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Xenokai

Here's some of the changes ive made in the past week, wheels and grille added. Sorry for the dirty car havent washed it lately and its raining xD..........

Old 03-25-2018, 04:25 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I plan on getting one of those grilles, and hooking a relay to the hi-beam lights and
put 75-watt HIDs in those housings.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 AM
Xenokai

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
I plan on getting one of those grilles, and hooking a relay to the hi-beam lights and
put 75-watt HIDs in those housings.
Nice, It was a bit of a pain installing. If you do be warned it takes a bit of work to put them in, horn bracket and mount needs to be bent a little and the fog light mount on the grill trimmed. All stuff that is hidden behind the grille and under the cover inside the motor bay. The grille itself lines up perfect just giving it clearance was tricky.

Quick Reply: Removing door molding on my 07 mustang, have question.