Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Removing door molding on my 07 mustang, have question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 09:14 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Nice car. The molding doesn't look too bad, but like you I am not a fan of it. You could try peeling back some to see if the paint has faded underneath. If it has, you can glue it back with the 3M stuff or just take it off completely and add some kind of graphic design. I will caution you though, that one member did and was very unhappy with that ghost stripe. He said he wished he had left it alone. What mods are you planning if any?
Old 03-16-2018, 09:20 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Here are some examples of stripes that you could cover it up with;

Old 03-16-2018, 09:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Let us know what you decide.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Xenokai

I may have someone look at it and see what they think, im wanting to make sure both doors were OG this color. If possible I may try removing it slowly and not destroy it if possible? then I could re apply if needed.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Xenokai

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Nice car. The molding doesn't look too bad, but like you I am not a fan of it. You could try peeling back some to see if the paint has faded underneath. If it has, you can glue it back with the 3M stuff or just take it off completely and add some kind of graphic design. I will caution you though, that one member did and was very unhappy with that ghost stripe. He said he wished he had left it alone. What mods are you planning if any?
Gonna change the wheels. As well as possibly get the raxiom vector tail lights but the price on those are bit on the exspensive side. Maybe black out the trunk. Ive already ordered the gt style pony delete grill and smoked side lights from AM. The smoked side lights already came but sadly one of them is damaged.

I really want those moldings off tho =/
Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Your front grille looks like a Billet style. Like this one; https://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-...IMaA&gclsrc=ds
I'm sure you could sell your current one easily.

Also who ever had the car before you did you a favor by replacing the hood. Looks like a non functional ram style hood. Nice though.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 03-17-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Xenokai

Your front grill looks like a Bullet style. Like this one; https://www.americanmuscle.com/0509-...IMaA&gclsrc=ds
I'm sure you could sell your current one easily.

Also who ever had the car before you did you a favor by replacing the hood. Looks like a non functional ram style hood. Nice though.
Thanks, The grill does have a black heavy duty metal billet on it. Maybe i may try selling it. Also i kinda wish AM had the gt style grille with the pony emblem, I kinda wanted the pony on it but they dont have them anymore. Guess I could prob add one to it somehow.

Also I just ordered a set of speakers and man removing the rears in the 07s seem like they are gonna be a pain. lol
Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Keep checking your local Craigslist as well as eBay for a grille like you want...got to ask, why don't you like the grille you have? Got a picture of it from the front?
Old 03-18-2018, 01:05 AM
Xenokai

Keep checking your local Craigslist as well as eBay for a grille like you want...got to ask, why don't you like the grille you have? Got a picture of it from the front?
The grille on it is alright I guess but im a fan of the GT style fog light grilles. I already ordered this one... https://www.americanmuscle.com/gtsty...-0509v6-2.html

I think ebay has cheap emblems you can add to any grille I may get that and put on it. Im really wanting to get wheels like this and black out the insides like this... https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Tu...id=810&hei=608
I found these on craigslist... but its a 75 mile drive. Do you know if those are a good brand of tire on these? https://nashville.craigslist.org/wto...529393563.html

Also I got tempted to use my heat gun and try to remove the molding today but I stopped myself as im still to worried id make it worse, that on top of possibly the left door may not be orginally tourch red and may have a diffrent color under it and not just a ghost stripe. If I did try to remove it a little to check the paint underneath it would probably get wrinkled up and look bad if I put it back on. The left door may of not even had the molding and they painted and added it to match to the other side. To me it looks stock but the actual plastic door handle looks like it may of had a brighter red or had the handle replaced. The molding on the right of the car is actually a bit faded

When I got the car it also had a ugly dealship sticker on it on the back, I used a heatgun and after 2 hours of work got it and all the tape off and it was alot of work, but was worth it.

Last edited by Xenokai; 03-18-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:30 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Even though those tires on Craigslist say they have only 100 miles on them, the question should be how old are they? Even tires that have low mileage but were made back in 2006 will have dry rot on the side walls. People will question, "If they have only 100 miles, they must me new!" Not so fast! It is possible (as many owners did) buy the car new and take the tires and rims off to put on modified tires & rims. These could be new or they could be old that have been sitting around in someone's garage for many years. Couldn't see the brand. I myself prefer the Michelin brand but my Mustang came with Pirellis. My car has 13,000 miles on it and the tires look great. Even has the little nipple things sticking out on the sidewall like on new tires, however, the tires are starting to show their age. Threads are great but if you look closely at the sidewalls you will see some cracks....Dry rot. Unfortunately where I live, when I get this car inspected in December, it could fail because of this. So in the mean time, I have been looking.

Quick Reply: Removing door molding on my 07 mustang, have question.