Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'07 GT Parts Fit '08 V6?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Default '07 GT Parts Fit '08 V6?

Will these 2007 mustang gt premium parts fit my 2008 V6? I am assuming they will, but just want to be sure...
She has a Torch Red GT Bumper cover too.... Pondering that as well...

That one shock looks like it hasn't extended, is it blown?

$75.00 for those parts with 50,000 miles on them (she says), good deal?

Old 08-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yes they will fit, in fact the arms all appear to be identical (reference Ford Parts Giant). Shocks will also fit but may have different valving so the part number may differ. I didn't check them.

If it's not extending then it's trashed and not useable.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:47 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I had someone send me shocks once before, they were WRONG, and also one of them
did not extend all the way on its own. I took way too long before I even attempted to install
them, so see they were the wrong ones, so I got hosed on that... Don't want the same thing
to happen here. May as well just buy all new stuff from eBay...
Old 08-15-2018, 04:31 PM
JimC

The lower control arms and upper arm are the same exact pieces as you have already on your car. There is no upgrade putting those on your car. The rear shocks might be the same as your OEM as well because there isn't a lot of difference in the rear. Front struts are different between the GT and V6 due to the heavier engine up front.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:32 PM
JimC

The front bumper cover will fit, but you have to change the inner wheel well liner or "adjust" them to fit. Your grille won't fit though.

Back bumper cover is a direct fit and mounts exactly the same because the only difference is the dual exhaust cutout.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:00 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Wasn't looking to upgrade, just a refresh. I got a set of shocks on eBay, will look for
some quick-struts later.

I know about the front bumper cover, was just a thought... Since it is also Torch Red... She'll
probably sell that first. The LOWER grille is different, looks like the upper grille is the same.
I looked at pics, the upper looks the same to me.

2007 GT:

MINE:

Upper looks the same to me....

Also looking at torch red doors someone is selling, but I need to see the inside bottom of the doors,
where they rust.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:14 PM
JimC

There is a difference on the upper grille, hard to see it but a different curve as I recall so it doesn't fit and there is a gap if you try to fit a V6 grille on a GT fascia.
That's why when you look at aftermarket grilles it specifies GT or V6 only. Your grille is an aftermarket (the V6 never had the big driving lights like the GT from the factory), and if you look for one like that you will see different part numbers and fit between the V6 and GT fascia.

Last edited by JimC; 08-15-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:06 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I ordered/purchased a GT grille with Halo fogs, and it fits in, but you need to modify some
stuff, and even two portions of the grille.

To fit the GT grille on a V6, you have to cut the upper rad support, where the horn bracket
mounts. I did all that. Plus, you need to relocate the left horn, to the right, which I also did,
that was easy. The Upper grills are the same shape. I have the order, and it says GT Grille.
IF they made one for the V6, then you should not have to modify anything. The Pony Package
grille has those small fogs, so you don't need to modify anything with those. The GT grille,
need modifications, and the major one is the upper rad support.

The other differences were, I had ad to cut two portions out of the bottom right and left of the grille:

BOTH sides, because the receiving tab slot on the bumper cover sticks up, and you
can't push those two bottom far left and tight tabs in the bumper cover, without cutting
those bottom portions of the honeycomb out.

Then, on the very top left and right receiving tabs, when you push the male tabs into those,
there is a small gap between the bumper cover slot, and the grille. I filled that in with dum-dum
so it would not rattle.

I have a post here with the install pictures, with the rad support cut, and horn relocation too.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:19 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

If you are going to spend the money and time to change the rear control arms I would advise just upgrading.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:06 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I did, I got a set of brand new spankin; BMRs RLCAs for $60 locally! Still in the box and
wrapped. Got some new shocks to put on too. FaceBook Marketplace has really been
coming through for me with new cheap parts.

$60 bucks, hell you can't beat that, not even with a stick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '07 GT Parts Fit '08 V6?