Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Super Charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:49 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

Default Super Charger

I'm very interested in a ProCharger kit... but I'm still skeptical on what all I would need. In addition to the kit, consensus is that I should upgrade the fuel pump to 190, and get 24lb fuel injectors and a form of intercooling (either air-to-air or I read that the water/methanol mixture is better - anyone know what it cost or have a link to someone who does that stuff?)... after that becomes unclear: I've heard people suggest that the combustion ratios need to be reconfigured, that the drive shaft should be replaced, the trans would be an issue (I have an automatic) and I'm pretty sure scrming's AOD handles a 100-shot just fine. But IF that is an option, and consensus is that my trans will be destroyed with a S/C, what can I do to make it able to withstand the added power?

I'm not looking to break any land speed records, or create a 10 second car.. would just like to get to 300-350 HP at the wheels with a S/C kit, intercooler and some bolt-ons. I might bring it to the track from time to time, but other then that it's a sunday driver and I'm just interested in knowing what it will take to get the kit to run without problems.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:32 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Super Charger

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle

I'm very interested in a ProCharger kit... but I'm still skeptical on what all I would need. In addition to the kit, consensus is that I should upgrade the fuel pump to 190, and get 24lb fuel injectors and a form of intercooling (either air-to-air or I read that the water/methanol mixture is better - anyone know what it cost or have a link to someone who does that stuff?)... after that becomes unclear: I've heard people suggest that the combustion ratios need to be reconfigured, that the drive shaft should be replaced, the trans would be an issue (I have an automatic) and I'm pretty sure scrming's AOD handles a 100-shot just fine. But IF that is an option, and consensus is that my trans will be destroyed with a S/C, what can I do to make it able to withstand the added power?

I'm not looking to break any land speed records, or create a 10 second car.. would just like to get to 300-350 HP at the wheels with a S/C kit, intercooler and some bolt-ons. I might bring it to the track from time to time, but other then that it's a sunday driver and I'm just interested in knowing what it will take to get the kit to run without problems.
Yes, my Automatic seems to be holding up just fine... but then again I'm running regular street radials, not slicks or even drag radials... so for now my weakest link it that point between the pavement and the tires! LOL! The other item you'll need to think about is the rear end. So far my 7.5 has been holding up really well too! However I believe the spider gears in the T-Lok will be the weak point here. I will probably stick a girdle on before I put on stickier tires next year... Right now my HP is only at 254 but my Torque is 384! If we ever move to the 125HP jets I'm sure the toque will go welll over 400! Remember Torque is what sits you back! LOL!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:00 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Yes, my Automatic seems to be holding up just fine... but then again I'm running regular street radials, not slicks or even drag radials... so for now my weakest link it that point between the pavement and the tires! LOL! The other item you'll need to think about is the rear end. So far my 7.5 has been holding up really well too! However I believe the spider gears in the T-Lok will be the weak point here. I will probably stick a girdle on before I put on stickier tires next year... Right now my HP is only at 254 but my Torque is 384! If we ever move to the 125HP jets I'm sure the toque will go welll over 400! Remember Torque is what sits you back! LOL!
Yeah, I don't believe envious notch-back owners claiming the car will implode if I don't do an engine swap with a power-adder. From what I've been reading most stock parts will be fine with a supercharger on a low boost.. and that if I ever had aspirations of anything above 400HP for the stock engine that I would need to do some major work. But for the time being other then the kit, injectors, pump what else is ESSENTIAL to run an 06 v6 AOD with a S/C? If I'm not going to be taking her to the track too often should I still invest in a T-Lok, I don't imagine I would need to hook or worry about my tires spinning if it's going to be just a sunday driver. Any other input on what would should be replaced? I'd hate to install everything then wait for things to go.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I don't believe envious notch-back owners claiming the car will implode if I don't do an engine swap with a power-adder. From what I've been reading most stock parts will be fine with a supercharger on a low boost.. and that if I ever had aspirations of anything above 400HP for the stock engine that I would need to do some major work. But for the time being other then the kit, injectors, pump what else is ESSENTIAL to run an 06 v6 AOD with a S/C? If I'm not going to be taking her to the track too often should I still invest in a T-Lok, I don't imagine I would need to hook or worry about my tires spinning if it's going to be just a sunday driver. Any other input on what would should be replaced? I'd hate to install everything then wait for things to go.
I haven't investigated to much into the S/C stuff... I'm guessing you've covered the most of the bases with kit, injectors and maybe a BAP...

T-Lok was a good investment... even if you want to make some hard turns under power... To me it was well worth it even just driving around town...

Old 10-30-2005, 09:43 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

I haven't investigated to much into the S/C stuff... I'm guessing you've covered the most of the bases with kit, injectors and maybe a BAP...

T-Lok was a good investment... even if you want to make some hard turns under power... To me it was well worth it even just driving around town...

I've been trying, it's just been hard because I've only heard of one person that has put a S/C kit on their 05-06 sixer. I figure I'll get a T-Lok and 4.10's as soon as I have some money after the kit... and some JBA true duals.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Did you see Powerhouse's thread about their single turbo V6 going 11.8? Well guess who got a ride in that car today? hehehe... I would say it's still to early to decide on whether to go S/C or Turbo and whose kit to get... But after riding in Powerhouse's car... well, that turbo setup kicked major butt!!! It's still in development but dang... I might have to start saving my pennies!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:37 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

Did you see Powerhouse's thread about their single turbo V6 going 11.8? Well guess who got a ride in that car today? hehehe... I would say it's still to early to decide on whether to go S/C or Turbo and whose kit to get... But after riding in Powerhouse's car... well, that turbo setup kicked major butt!!! It's still in development but dang... I might have to start saving my pennies!!!!
[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Lucky.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 AM
87TURBO

I went out to procharger the other day and talked to the lead designer of the 4.0l supercharger. they have a complete kit with 39lb injectors and a front mount intercooler. with 9lbs of boost through a auto and single exhaust it made 320hp. He said it had more in it tunning and boost.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:39 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

You might want to check out my thread on the Dashworks kit. It seems pretty sweet. I drove it, and it blew me away.

Also, there's a lot of good discussion in there as well (mostly the bickering between me and scrming! Hehehe).

Here's the thread: https://mustangforums.com/m_757937/tm.htm