Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What can a stock manual V6 run??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:33 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default What can a stock manual V6 run??

I was just cerious if anyone every took there 2005 V6 to the track when it was stock? Reason being is that I've always wanted to do it but I figured Its not that big of a deal cause its only a V6.
This guy in a Sentra I think it was a 98, 99 I dont know pulls up. It sounded really healthy he had exhaust and I think he had a CAI plus some graffix and rims. The way the car was idling was really high like those older jetta's. I happen to see 14. (14 sec) on his window, it was a Saturday morining so I figured he was at the track all the night before. There was really no initial rev with the motors or eye contact saying lets race but Im not dumb. This guys in his car that is obviously souped up with his time on his window from the night before, u know his ***** were feeling big plus I have a thing for racing people with times on there windows unless its a time worth keeping on your window like 10 -12 sec would be worth some braggin rights ya know what im saying? I wouldnt f with ya LOL Anyway I just decided to take the hell off once the light turned green with out burning out cause i know he wants to see if a 2005 V6 is 14s and hell I did too.
GREEN I get the most beautiful start in first Gear with out spinning tires they just griped and I went (no sign of him on my side in 1st)
Second gear I chirped the tires and got a nice juicy stride out of the gear but I wasn't watching my RPM's (went too high) so when I went to go into third, it kept grinding[:@] It would'nt let me for in 3rd for about 2.5 good sec. I figured #$%^ I lost it cause of that. but NO!!! the guy was still behind me!!! by about a car l[:@]ength and by that time I was still in third I had actually slowed down to 3500 RPM cause I thought I had lost. When I relized I was ahead still I got cocky and stuck my head out the window and smiled like ACE VENTURA. I would let him catch up to me then I would punch it while in 3rd at about 3500 , 4000 RPM then go into 4th I would keep the RPM at 2000 in 4th, let him catch up, then I would drop it down into 3rd and anyone who has a Manual knows about that sweet stride in third lol[:-] and I would take off & whatch my self get further away from them him. He was trying so hard too. He was he tried throwing his in third but it didnt do much I just scooted ahead.

Now I know he wasn't 14s quarter mile with a Sentra right? It had to be a shorter distance Mine has to be at least one second better than that car if not at least 2 sec better. any imput would be great

Old 11-03-2005, 02:44 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What can a stock manual V6 run??

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I was just cerious if anyone every took there 2005 V6 to the track when it was stock? Reason being is that I've always wanted to do it but I figured Its not that big of a deal cause its only a V6.
This guy in a Sentra I think it was a 98, 99 I dont know pulls up. It sounded really healthy he had exhaust and I think he had a CAI plus some graffix and rims. The way the car was idling was really high like those older jetta's. I happen to see 14. (14 sec) on his window, it was a Saturday morining so I figured he was at the track all the night before. There was really no initial rev with the motors or eye contact saying lets race but Im not dumb. This guys in his car that is obviously souped up with his time on his window from the night before, u know his ***** were feeling big plus I have a thing for racing people with times on there windows unless its a time worth keeping on your window like 10 -12 sec would be worth some braggin rights ya know what im saying? I wouldnt f with ya LOL Anyway I just decided to take the hell off once the light turned green with out burning out cause i know he wants to see if a 2005 V6 is 14s and hell I did too.
GREEN I get the most beautiful start in first Gear with out spinning tires they just griped and I went (no sign of him on my side in 1st)
Second gear I chirped the tires and got a nice juicy stride out of the gear but I wasn't watching my RPM's (went too high) so when I went to go into third, it kept grinding[:@] It would'nt let me for in 3rd for about 2.5 good sec. I figured #$%^ I lost it cause of that. but NO!!! the guy was still behind me!!! by about a car l[:@]ength and by that time I was still in third I had actually slowed down to 3500 RPM cause I thought I had lost. When I relized I was ahead still I got cocky and stuck my head out the window and smiled like ACE VENTURA. I would let him catch up to me then I would punch it while in 3rd at about 3500 , 4000 RPM then go into 4th I would keep the RPM at 2000 in 4th, let him catch up, then I would drop it down into 3rd and anyone who has a Manual knows about that sweet stride in third lol[:-] and I would take off & whatch my self get further away from them him. He was trying so hard too. He was he tried throwing his in third but it didnt do much I just scooted ahead.

Now I know he wasn't 14s quarter mile with a Sentra right? It had to be a shorter distance Mine has to be at least one second better than that car if not at least 2 sec better. any imput would be great

maybe 14's in a 1/8...jk i'm not exactly sure what they run. im curious to find out though. sounds like you had fun[8D]
Old 11-03-2005, 08:27 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

The V6 stick stock with a good driver has run 14.80 - 15.00's
Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I've been meaning to take my car to the track to see what it can do, but I need to find a helmet first. I've had that shifting problem before racing someone too, when you try to switch to 3rd and grind it! [:@] It's all about timing.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Time will be a little off due to the high altitude of our track. I think it's actually one of the highest in the northwest. Adjusted for altitude my ET is a high 15. Only mod is the AEM intake which shaved .20 seconds off my ET.

Time Slip