Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang GT duels on and V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang GT duels on and V6

I think I saw a post for this on the forums a while back, anyone wanna help out? a friend put new exhaust on his GT and said he'd gimmie his if i think its worth it, any gains? Hp? acceleration? sound? Please let me know whats i need, and what i cna get out of this. I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!!![sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Default RE: Mustang GT duels on and V6

Well you will get a decent sound, put it this way, its as close to a GT sound as you'll ever come. Problem is that unless you change out the GT mufflers you won't get that much of a HP gain, I'm thinking maybe 5-10 rwhp at best, more likely around 8 hp, but I don't have any dyno sheets, but the stock cats and mufflers are so damn restrictive I really can't imagine a gain really any higher than 8 rwhp. It will make your throttle a little more responsive. But yea its worth it if you can't afford an aftermarket exhaust, or your just looking for a basis for a true dual set up.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 PM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

The GT exhausts are much less restrictive than the stock V6 muffler, plus they are a lot smaller so you wont see the muffler stick out under the car so much from behind. If he's giving them to you for nothing, then I say definatly do it! It will sound much better, and give you a little better performance.
FYI I bought a GT body kit from ebay which came with the GT mufflers, and I sold them for $50.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:38 PM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

Over all, am i going to loose power maybe in the lower RPM's? i am looking for over all performance, but if all im going to do is get sound i dont think duel is right for me, what do you guys think, i guess i should add i have a steeda CAI and JET chip, what factors do those take on my gains/losses?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

If you want power go with a full premade system like magnaflow or JBA catbacks. If you want a cheap alternative, mainly for sound difference, go with the GT takeoffs. You will be a few horses from this setup, more so if you add a good x-pipe.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

SO.....If i have a steeda intake and Jetchip on my V6 5-speed, what should i be looking at if i want sound(little louder and more american), performance (maybe a few more horses, i DONT wanna loose any), and looks (gotta have one tail pipe on both sides) or is this "dream" exhaust system just a fantasy of mine, is their an exhaust systems with all those features?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Almost all the exhust sytems will give you a few horses over stock. If you dont know too much about them its bets to get a Full catback sysems. Go with a Magnaflow or JBA systems http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm. When it comes down to it.. its about sound preference. Go listen to some sound clips around the forums. Hambone has an excellent example of GT take offs https://mustangforums.com/m_758618/tm.htm. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

hummm looks like the post is dead, Well i have the stock Gt pipes now, just dont know what i should do from here,X pipe, Y pipe, Or H pipe, from what ive read true duels is pointless because all i do is loose power. Just looking for general opion and what gives nice sound and good acceleration.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

My exhaust guy put on an H...I would not have cared if it had been an X either...I'm not that hard core about the differences between the two, I just feel it is important to have some balancing. Sound with GT duals and H is excellent and not a pain at 80 mph highway crusing.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: socool9004

hummm looks like the post is dead, Well i have the stock Gt pipes now, just dont know what i should do from here,X pipe, Y pipe, Or H pipe, from what ive read true duels is pointless because all i do is loose power. Just looking for general opion and what gives nice sound and good acceleration.
That thread isn't dead...an extra period "." was added to the link so it messed it up....

https://mustangforums.com/m_758618/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Mustang GT duels on and V6