Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Transmission leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:52 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default Transmission leak!!

Ok let me begin, I have a manual tran. I was hearing this popping like clunking noise when I have the car in neutral and I press the clutch in and release it, but only when the car is running. I was having this problem at about 5,000 miles. I took it in for my first check up and this is what the Berge Ford told me after waiting almost 2 weeks for my car.

Customer states the clutch makes a clicking noise when releasing the pedal.

Need to overhaul Trans to Insp.

Some 2005 Mustangs Equipped with a manual transmission may exhibit a 'clunk' noise from the driveline during gear changing and/or a quick acceleration after coasting (tip-in clunk).
The clunk may be present in multiple gears and is considered a normal characteristic caused by driveline lash reacting to the rapid response of the engine when the throttle is suddenly opened. the clunk noise has no effect on the performance or durability of the vehicle.

R and R Trans & mount on bench fixture and overhaul to replace 1st gear and mainshaft because of excessive gear play between gear & syncro. ASSY. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

R and R clutch assy and Insp. and replace clutch disc because of worn center spring tension to input shaft of trans.

Roadtest ok in all gears

disc asy - clu
Gear- mainsha
Ring - 5th spe
Shaft asy - ou
Sealant - sili
Fluid - transm

Is what they basically replaced.

Tonight as I pull in I see a small puddle of red fluid about where the transmission sits.

Can anyone relate to the noise that I hear? Does anyone know what the prob might be by the sounds of it?

I finally got my car up to 105 mph the other day. I think that might have caused something to come loose & leak. Eather way weather i was going 45 or 105 it shouldn't matter im bearly about to hit 6800 miles. I had the work done at 5021 miles

If anyone has imput or could help with a TSB I would love to hear.

Thanks for your time