Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AFE or MMR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
andrews0915
2nd Gear Member

Default AFE or MMR?

I'm trying to decide between the AFE Intake or the MMR Annhiliator Intake. They are pretty close in gains and supposedly neither requires a tune, what are your thoughts?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:56 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: AFE or MMR?

I've got the mmr intake I can't tel you what it did because I added duals, mmr and the predator all at the same time

All I know is, there's now 0 delay when I punch the pedal
Old 12-01-2005, 03:03 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

from what i hear, the mmr doesnt do much w/o the retune, but when you get it done there is a pretty big difference (28hp ish)

i would go with the AFE (that is what i have ordered and on the way right now) because it has good gains w/o the tune(12hp ish), and close gains with the tune (23hp ish)
Old 12-01-2005, 11:19 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

from what i hear, the mmr doesnt do much w/o the retune, but when you get it done there is a pretty big difference (28hp ish)

i would go with the AFE (that is what i have ordered and on the way right now) because it has good gains w/o the tune(12hp ish), and close gains with the tune (23hp ish)
I would go with an AFE for the same reasons...and as you can tell I already have one. Especially if you are not ready to get a tuner yet. If you are going to be doing car shows then you may want to get the MMR because of the tube, but I hear AFE will offer a tube soon as well.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:37 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I got the mmr. Im really happy with it. I noticed a decent gain in HP & TQ after I put it on but I have a manual though it shouldnt matter. mmr's CAI is a good product. You can hear the air sucking in the cone filter, makes a whistling noise sound like a supercharger or turbo LOL plus theirt cone filter takes air in through the end of it when most CAI are blocked at the end of the cone. Its a little tight under the hood though but other than that I love it.

Hope this helped
Old 12-01-2005, 08:40 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Oh and I have not got it tuned yet and there still was a major difference when I put it on, some say mmr sucks but let me tell you after the results I got the results would be sick as hell. It feels like you added a mod like exhaust to it.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

all right i got your answer. my 1 st 05 wwas a v6, i bought the mmr intAKE, it did not require a tune. i had true duals on the v6. my first dno was horrid, 164 the the whhel, with the sct tune and nothing else i got to 178, after the intake and a new tune, the duals and the mmr and the sct custom tune i got up to 198hp. in the end you need the tune, and as for the mmr it is crap, for what you pay its not worth it. now after dynoing at 198 i was so pissed becuase i spent all this money i went right to the dealership and bought a 05 gt. best decision ever but not all can afford what i can. my stock dyno was 261, then i did o/r x pipe and and sct cusom tune. i was at 275. so then i went and bought the afe intake and when they dynoed the afe was so darn good that it had actuall completly leved out my air fuel ratio. all they could ad was about 2 hp because the afe was so good of a intake and it did not require a tune, they are not lying, when they say does not reqire, totally get the afe, ivwe owned both and mmr sucks. if you have any other ques just ask, oh yea the afe took me from 275 to 292 with out tune, thats a real good intake
Old 12-01-2005, 11:27 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

yeah thats commin from a GT guy...

i REALLY have your answer

K&N!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

wow, considering i had the 05 v6 first with the mmr and now have a afe, i think your comment is really uncalled for. And to make it better i never once dissed the v6 or said why did you buy the 6 or anything, i just tried to help out. would it have been better if i just talked a bunch of crap and didnt try to help at all. well thats to bad for you. Andrew i hope you take my advice. and as for k and n, afe still beats them. and lester, yeah thats commin from a GT guy...
love you man, hope you feel better

Old 12-02-2005, 09:43 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Blackhorse looks like you were just being cheap lol. You should have just got the v8 in the first place. What did you expect out of an exhaust, Intake, and tune from a v6 250 hp lol. It takes a lot to get the sixers to run with you big boys.A few basic bolt on wonderboy parts and tunes aren't going to get you all that much, Its actually alot for a 6 but you kept comparing it to that 4.6L you test drove or heard about and found your self disapointed. Now I could have told you that before you bought the 6 anyone could have.

I hear what your saying though, you probobly just wanted to go the cheaper route and thought that if you threw on a few mods it would have the power of the GT. NOPE not even close, thats why they have the GT for an option lol. Me Im 23 I was forced to go with the six. 1. becasue It was my first loan and I just had good credit not excellent credit so I only could get a 15,000 loan, I had to take 5 grand out of my pocket just to get the six. 2 I had a DUI for marijuana, cocaine, and speed (all in my system at once) when I was 19 so that pretty much prevents me having 8 Cylinders for a long long time. I pay $300 a month just for the v6!!!!! I just wished I would have messed up. All in all Man if you can afford to have a GT comfortible, then do it!!!!! dont mess around with a 6 lol I just think its funny how you posted that.

Im looking forward too getting true duals, headers, and a tune on my 6. 193hp at the wheel is pretty decent.

Quick Reply: AFE or MMR?