Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X Charger Mustang 4.0 Picture

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default X Charger Mustang 4.0 Picture

The X-Charger should be out in about 60 days and here is a pic for those interested to see it, I have no other info than the pic and it should be out Feb, 06

Also for people with 2006 4.0 from what I read Ford made changes to the 2006 4.0 see below .
The 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 engine received significant improvements for the 2006 model year as well as new engine calibrations and a new camshaft.

T
Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: X Charger Mustang 4.0 Picture

I WANT IT!

Unfortunatlly i am not trying to kill my warranty
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

The X-Charger should be out in about 60 days and here is a pic for those interested to see it, I have no other info than the pic and it should be out Feb, 06

Also for people with 2006 4.0 from what I read Ford made changes to the 2006 4.0 see below .
The 4.0-liter SOHC V-6 engine received significant improvements for the 2006 model year as well as new engine calibrations and a new camshaft.

T

Cool! Do you have a link to the 2006 V6 engine changes? Are you talking about the changes to the 4.0L in the explorer, are the changes the same to the stang?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:04 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Cool! Do you have a link to the 2006 V6 engine changes? Are you talking about the changes to the 4.0L in the explorer, are the changes the same to the stang?
Rygen I had the info saved to a word doc with all my other Mustang research info but not the link, but you seemed to have read about it too according to your quote above and yes from what I have read they are the same engine Mustang/Explorer, rygen did you read the same thing about the changes on the 06?

Hey did you ever run your car at the track that weekend?

I just found out about when the X-charger will be coming out thought I would post it , I will look at all of them and then decide on what to go with.
I am done and tired of researching the strength of this 4.0, I am just going to go with a charger I think this engine can handle it in moderation haven't decided which charger yet. If it does blow I will either 1st pull the charger off put it back to stock and try under warr per repair if not I will rebuild it to stock spec and trade it in on a 2007 GT, I also won't be doing any serious track racing not looking to run 11's or 12's (or serious street racing ) maybe a time or two at the track after I get it setup to see what it turns and will be nice if I need a little power for the street for any reason its nice to know I have it on tap and it should run pretty good for a little 6 .
Old 12-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Phillips1847
1st Gear Member

What kind of gains can you get from this?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:11 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Phillip if your talking just about this charger they didn't give me any info on that but a good guess would be about would be about 40% hp increase on this charger.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:07 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Phillip if your talking just about this charger they didn't give me any info on that but a good guess would be about would be about 40% hp increase on this charger.
Nah the original x charger for the explorer was like 75hp, and i read on the forums a while back that this is sapposed to put out alot more. So hopefully the post i read a while back is right....
Old 12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

RedAlertlb
Nah the original x charger for the explorer was like 75hp, and i read on the forums a while back that this is sapposed to put out alot more. So hopefully the post i read a while back is right....
Redalert what HP increase did you read this Charger will put out ??
Also seems no intercooler on the Explorer charger, will this one have an intercooler(for increased HP) air or water?
What other info do you have on this charger?

Thanks

They e-mailed me but very little info and no HP rating.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:27 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

here is the post that i read a while ago about it.....
https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=7...orer%2Cexpress
Old 12-01-2005, 11:36 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

I had read that post awhile ago it doesn't say how much HP, I thought maybe you had some other new info

Quick Reply: X Charger Mustang 4.0 Picture