Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another Exhaust... bumper.. thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
xcolt45

Default Another Exhaust... bumper.. thread

Alright I have a few questions
Bumper - Well I guess it costs 450 (from casco's) for a rear bumper....that's a little much... Will a local body shop cut a hole on the opposite side of the bumper???
........--How do they do this???
........--How much does it cost???
........--What if they mess up???
........--Have any of yall had it done??? explain please

Exhaust - Thinking of going with the JBA duals....
........--are "X" pipes legal for street?
........--How would u hook up an "H" or an "X" if it is coming from a straight pipe? or what kind of pipe is it coming from on a v6?

Hopefully this all makes sense.. I am just trying to get some help on these topics

Thank you in advance,

-Colt
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Another Exhaust... bumper.. thread

I did mine the driveway (check out my site). I had a hard time finding any shop that would cut the bumper for me. It is really easy to do if you have the tools. I am taking my car to a place this weekend to fabricate an H pipe for me. They will have to weld it on. I'm not sure if you can get a bolt on H or X pipe out there.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:05 AM
mystang331

I'm brand new to this forum just signed up today. I have a screaming yellow mustang and my project is to turn it into a cobra.X/H pipes are legal if you do not get rid of the cats. Magnaflow makes an stand alone X pipe that you install when you get your dual exhaust here is a link: http://www.hottexhaust.com/search_re...hParamType=ALL

By having your exhaust guy put this in after the cats with your dual set up, you will be street legal. I have had this installed and it added between 10 to 15% HP. I went with the Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers and they sound awesome. Be careful because alot of the mufflers out there will make your car sound like a rice rocket.

As far as cutting the second hole for your dual exhaust, a good exhaust guy can do this in a snap, mine did and you cannot tell its not original.

I will be posting before and after pics soon as well as alot of great information on converting your V6 to a GT. I just won a GT front bumper with GT grill and fog lights, a rear bumpers as well as the rocker covers in screaming yellow, I'll be adding these in a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum mystang331. You can get that X pipe on ebay for a cheeper price. I don't think the goal here is to convert our stangs to a "GT". We can all be proud to have a V6.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: burdweiser

Welcome to the forum mystang331. You can get that X pipe on ebay for a cheeper price. I don't think the goal here is to convert our stangs to a "GT". We can all be proud to have a V6.
I'm looking to do the same thing, I was quoted $170 but still looking. Let me know how it sounds as we both started with the same base kit.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I just ordered the JBA True dual system. It comes with a h pipe but the shop I talked to told me they have x pipes for about $100, I'd rather go x pipe for performance other than sound. I dont think an x pipe is going to have a dramatic diff in the sound that much meybe just a little. He said he would install the kit for about $150. He also said that there is no prob cutting into the bumber for clearence for the other pipe, he said they do it all the time. So I feel confident in them plus the shop Im going to has been around since I was kid shooting puppy water out my &%#%@. Im pretty much set to go once the kit comes in. I hope it don't take a while with Christmas being so close in all. I got 2 weeks vacation so I wanted to get it thrown on during the first week!!!

Can't wait to turn some heads with the new sound. I have not seen one 05 06 mustang out here with exhaust in my town yet. Mesa, Arizona so im stoked!!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I just ordered the JBA True dual system. It comes with a h pipe but the shop I talked to told me they have x pipes for about $100, I'd rather go x pipe for performance other than sound. I dont think an x pipe is going to have a dramatic diff in the sound that much meybe just a little. He said he would install the kit for about $150. He also said that there is no prob cutting into the bumber for clearence for the other pipe, he said they do it all the time. So I feel confident in them plus the shop Im going to has been around since I was kid shooting puppy water out my &%#%@. Im pretty much set to go once the kit comes in. I hope it don't take a while with Christmas being so close in all. I got 2 weeks vacation so I wanted to get it thrown on during the first week!!!

Can't wait to turn some heads with the new sound. I have not seen one 05 06 mustang out here with exhaust in my town yet. Mesa, Arizona so im stoked!!
yeah...come to think of it, i think i'm the only one with xhaust in my town that i've noticed so far (Camarillo, CA). Let us know how your x-pipe sounds compared to my h-pipe setup whenever you get it installed....just curious.