Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Updated: Dyno w/SCT and Professional Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Updated: Dyno w/SCT and Professional Tune

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Thats cool, glad you got everything straightned out. I though you had an x pipe the whole time? lol meybe that was someone else.

Superb #'s

Thanks! Nope, not yet...need to get a true dual setup soon.
do it! Do it NOW!!! I want to know if you'll see any real gain by going to the true dual!!! Which brand are you thinking about???
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Thats cool, glad you got everything straightned out. I though you had an x pipe the whole time? lol meybe that was someone else.

Superb #'s

do it! Do it NOW!!! I want to know if you'll see any real gain by going to the true dual!!! Which brand are you thinking about???
You crack me up, I'm not taking out the whole kit, just the stock Y pipe and the magnaflow Y pipe, and putting a H or MAC ProChamber in it's place. We will have to wait and see.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Superb #'s

You crack me up, I'm not taking out the whole kit, just the stock Y pipe and the magnaflow Y pipe, and putting a H or MAC ProChamber in it's place. We will have to wait and see.
wait???? We're talking about ME here!!! LOL!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Now keep in mind, for manuals the preds are pretty much even on both cars. But for autos you have to go with sct.
I think you're the first that's had first hand experience with both!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Superb #'s

I wanna know too! I hope I don't end up wanting to put the single pipe system back in [8D]

Wish I had dyno runs before/after the xpipe/duals, but alas, it didn't happen. I keep wanting the local club here to have a dyno day! I think we will in the spring. No runs on my car at all yet...

Nice numbers on your ride, Rygen!!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea Im really worryed that I will lose some TQ when I go to true dual's cause of what people said. But I figure It would give a little more since it is a pretty big V6. I have a manual too.[Soncho put is JBA true duals and said he only noticed gains!! He said that if he did lose anything it wasnt that noticable & he can't feel it and that was an automatic. No but I figure why do they sell dual kits if its gunna make you lose in stead of gain. not every one is going to beef there engine up with a s/c.

I dont know I kinda want to get this exhaust thing over with!!! Stressing me out!! Love my engine but I wish I had the 8 then you wouldn;t haft to worry about a losing tq going to tru dual's
LOL already has them. Im getting mine installed by this Saterday meybe today if fed x brings it early enough today. lol

Old 12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea Im really worryed that I will lose some TQ when I go to true dual's cause of what people said. But I figure It would give a little more since it is a pretty big V6. I have a manual too.[Soncho put is JBA true duals and said he only noticed gains!! He said that if he did lose anything it wasnt that noticable & he can't feel it and that was an automatic. No but I figure why do they sell dual kits if its gunna make you lose in stead of gain. not every one is going to beef there engine up with a s/c.

I dont know I kinda want to get this exhaust thing over with!!! Stressing me out!! Love my engine but I wish I had the 8 then you wouldn;t haft to worry about a losing tq going to tru dual's
LOL already has them. Im getting mine installed by this Saterday meybe today if fed x brings it early enough today. lol

Try this, it provides some insight:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40558
Old 12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Superb #'s

The arms race is always on huh, I have something else I"m working on...so this will have to wait.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

How did he pull more HP & TQ than you? You got just as many mods yea? Does he have a manual?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:52 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

The arms race is always on huh, I have something else I"m working on...so this will have to wait.
Recon says your working on a tranny swap... LOL! I'll probably be pretty quiet until late January, maybe February... (yeah, i know you've heard that before! LOL!)

Quick Reply: Updated: Dyno w/SCT and Professional Tune