Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Grille, Pony Pkg Grille, problems--Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Fletcher

Default RE: GT Grille, Pony Pkg Grille, problems--Help!

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Charlie's # is 714-757-1701 , at least that's the number I used a couple of month's ago. He also has moved his site to a Yahoo store. I talked to Lisa a few weeks ago, and she said that they're still doing business. I think, like in most situations, remaining calm and friendly while talking about the problem was the key to my positive outcome. Good Luck.

That's the number I've been calling. I'll try calling again this week and see if he's 'back in the office.'
Thanks again. I'll let you know how this turns out.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:38 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

if you are able to send it back, street scene makes a grill similar to the gt that will fit right in the v6
Old 01-01-2006, 01:05 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i love my street scene grill here is a write up they used my car.

http://www.thechromepony.com/Mods1-05.html
Old 01-01-2006, 04:14 PM
dmartin

Here is a pic of my car with the gt grill installed,I am happy with the way it looks.
Like everyone here that has done it it is not an easy task.
Thanks to char1701 for the info.And thanks for A great site!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/26751/0899E565F9184CEC9691FEB455E15AB7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Fletcher

**Update**
I spoke with Charlie last night (it took quite some time to get a callback), and he agreed to exchange the GT grille package for a 'Pony' grille package (which suits me just fine.) It's boxed up and will be mailed in the next day or two. Will update this thread when the Pony grille arrives, although it should be a pretty straight-forward install (given that the Pony grille was designed to work with the V6 bumper cover.)

BIG THANKS to everyone who offered advice, especially to 05 Cayuse; who even called Lisa at WCPP on my behalf! I have nothing but good things to say about the Mustang owner community and this forum.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Fletcher

**Update**
Looks like I may have celebrated too soon. The last e-mail I got from Lisa was on 1/23 stating the Pony grille would be mailed out 1/26. It still hasn't arrived, nor has anyone responded to any of my e-mails. I tried calling Charlie's 'direct line' this morning, only to get a recording telling me that service to this number has been temporarily suspended. I think my next step will be to open a dispute via my credit card company.

It's possible that the grille could arrive at my front door today, but after two and a half weeks of waiting (plus no replies to e-mails) I'm not feeling optimistic. Perusing the board, it seems like I'm not the only one who is having problems with West Coast Performance Parts.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear your update. I was hoping things would improve with Charlie. If your credit card will reverse the charge, contact Kevin at clevparts@aol.com He's a Ford parts manager that gives great prices on parts to forum members. He can set you up with a grille kit. I got a rear sway bar kit for my vert from him at a great price. Best of luck.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

There's a lot of info about the GT grille kit installation I did on mine in this thread:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=29600&hl=

There's a picture on post 100 that shows the relief cuts I had to make to get it to fit in. This was a last resort after I had nearly broken off the grille tabs. The instrux should just tell you up front to make the cuts, it makes installation much easier and it is completely invisible once the grille is in.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Fletcher

I went ahead and e-mailed Kevin for a quote. Meanwhile, I'm open to any other suggestions for other places to get a good deal on a Pony grille kit or any other foglamp-equipped grilles that don't require modification of the stock V6 bumper cover to install.
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fletcher

I went ahead and e-mailed Kevin for a quote. Meanwhile, I'm open to any other suggestions for other places to get a good deal on a Pony grille kit or any other foglamp-equipped grilles that don't require modification of the stock V6 bumper cover to install.
Thanks!
Street Scene makes one that fits 100% perfect. Here is the link to thier site:

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/