Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

can i put a supercharger in??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 10:03 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: can i put a supercharger in??

hello

...lol (that was me being stupid)

anyways, the expected power gain from the f/i systems on our 2v v6's (he was talking about the GT's i think?) is about 350-400, it will give you enough to confidently take on non-f/i-ed GT
Old 12-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

hello

...lol (that was me being stupid)

anyways, the expected power gain from the f/i systems on our 2v v6's (he was talking about the GT's i think?) is about 350-400, it will give you enough to confidently take on non-f/i-ed GT
Almost, as soon as a good set of cams come out, your gunna need a little more than that. But you will still have a quick six. I just think the v8 with the aluminum block has way more potential.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:20 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol of cource, i mean, it is a bigger engine
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Vortech and Procharger are available... (i would go Vortech)

Explorer Express will becoming out with and Eaton unit...

As mentioned Powerhouse (www.powerhouse411.com) is coming out with a single turbo... I belive the GT version is scheduled for the first of the year, while the V6 version will be later (March?). I got to ride in Mike's V6 car (400RWHP!!!) and it was crazy!!!

I'm guessing all of these will set you back at least $3500 (probably more by the time your finished)...

I've been seriously contemplating some type of F/I but my $1,000 Zex setup is working so well I'm really not sure I can justify spending that kind of money....

Right now the car is at 13.41 the car is faster than a lot of non-modded GT's... (look at the drag info website) And faster than a few lightly modded GTs... Hopefully spring time will bring some drag radials and improved ETs...

Old 12-24-2005, 11:00 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i know that a lot of import tuning shops actually customize the tubes for the cars so that any turbo can go with any car, this is generally a lot cheaper (a place near me estimated about 2.5k), and you would expect the same performance

actually a few months ago i was considering doing this because i could get it for an extremely cheap price (under 1k) but i didnt because of the fact that i would have to go to car shows, and have huge decals on my car that included japanese symbols [:'(]

another plus to this is that those japanese parts have little cool things on them, expecially electronic boost controllers that you can use while driving
Old 12-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

There are a lot of mustang shops that specialize in v6 and v8 turbo setups as well. Id personally rather go to one of them.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:44 PM
cliffloehr

I'm working on adding a Roots M-90 blower to my 3.8L V6.
I don’t know if the centrifugal blowers (like Vortech and Procharger) are any better then a positive displacement blower… but I sure like the looks of the blower sitting on top of the engine better then another attachment on the front. Ford used the 3.8L in many different cars including the Windstar minivan, Taurus, F150 and the Thunderbird Super Coupe. The project will require a custom Intake but I'm doing all (or most) of the work myself and saving a lot of $$. I found a 1990 Thunderbird SC engine (with super charger) for $150 and plan on adding the blower and components to my '01 Mustang sometime this spring. I’m still putting the extensive shopping list together.

I don't know if the 4.0 engine can do this same project or not.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i dont think that we will find stuff that will fit exactly on our cars from others
Old 12-25-2005, 12:56 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

haha i had a friend (he is 16) and his parents bought him a new vette (very lucky guy) but nobody would insure him
wow... thats insane
i hate when i get called spoiled- cause i'm paying for my car, so i'm not spoiled at all- i'm working hard as hell to pay for this thing
people that get new vettes and dont pitch a penny are spoiled, not me >_<

better than a GT- mabye cheaper, give this a try:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/bigblock.asp

one on the far right- $8,000
Old 12-25-2005, 01:06 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffloehr

I'm working on adding a Roots M-90 blower to my 3.8L V6.
I don’t know if the centrifugal blowers (like Vortech and Procharger) are any better then a positive displacement blower… but I sure like the looks of the blower sitting on top of the engine better then another attachment on the front. Ford used the 3.8L in many different cars including the Windstar minivan, Taurus, F150 and the Thunderbird Super Coupe. The project will require a custom Intake but I'm doing all (or most) of the work myself and saving a lot of $$. I found a 1990 Thunderbird SC engine (with super charger) for $150 and plan on adding the blower and components to my '01 Mustang sometime this spring. I’m still putting the extensive shopping list together.

I don't know if the 4.0 engine can do this same project or not.
Explorer Express should be releasing their Eaton M90 kit for our cars soon.. (with in 45 days). The price will be in the $3500 to $3700 range...

Eatons make like 70% of their boost by 1800 RPM, while a centrifugal blower needs a lot higher RPM to generate boost... so I you like your power way down low than the Eaton could be the way to go....

Quick Reply: can i put a supercharger in??