Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05... just got 06 fender badges... how 2 install?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05... just got 06 fender badges... how 2 install?

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

thanks alot for the help... lol first chance i get ill shave the clip parts w/ a dremel... and it already has the sticky backing, is there something else i should get to help it bond better w/ the fender or anything? whats it called and where would i get it... im guessing auto zone or something like that ...

You may have already got them on but here are my 2 cents

When i got mine from Ford i think they were $22 for the set but the company i work for gets a little bit of a brake. I used a set of dikes to cut the tabs off the back then i ground them down with a die grinder to insure that they will not touch the paint and scare it As far as placement as long as it is level there gona look GR8T!!!!

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!

once that sticky back even just barly touches the fender it is stuck, If you get a good place ment apply firm presure all over the emblum

as long as you use some rubbing alcohol to make sure it is clean i would not worry about putting a adhesion promoter on the fender! that sticky stuff is good SH**

if you do screw it up and need to pull it off get some fishing line and in a back and forth sawing motion go down behind the emblum and it will come right off? I think with a heat gun you may screw the emblums up.

i am sure if you take you time you will get them on with out a hitch

just thought of this
what you may want to do is take a pice of making tape and stick it on the fender at where the top edge of the emblum should be and make sure it is level, then all you have to do is stick the emblum right below the tape line using it as a reference