Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ZEX

Old 12-27-2005, 12:02 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

Did you get your kit from unlimitedspeed.com? What was the exact kit you got?
The GT kit, and the seperate universal racers kit. I ordered both through my local performance shop (Execessive Motorsports). They matched the online prices for me, but had to have it dropped shipped straight from Zex. Then with the holidays here, shipping got delayed. Doh!!!! I'm chomping at the bit.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: scrming

Is this the kit you have?

ZEX82034
Price $539.88
ZEX 2005 & 2006 Mustang GT Nitrous System #82034 75-175 HP Adjustable A complete wet nitrous system that fits the new Mustang GT perfectly!

Do they acutally have the racers kit, or just single parts sold separately?
yes, it's actually the GT kit... it works perfectly on the V6. The only thing is in the installation manual it says the throttle position sensor is on the passenger side of the throttle body but on the V6 the TPS is on the drivers side...

I got the racers kti locally... You can buy everything seperately but it is cheaper to buy the kit...
Thanks man!!! I will let Chris at Excessive know where the TPS is when he installs it.
I actually had one guy print my web page out and take it with him to the installer... LOL! Said it came in handy!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Is this the kit you have?

ZEX82034
Price $539.88
ZEX 2005 & 2006 Mustang GT Nitrous System #82034 75-175 HP Adjustable A complete wet nitrous system that fits the new Mustang GT perfectly!

Do they acutally have the racers kit, or just single parts sold separately?
yes, it's actually the GT kit... it works perfectly on the V6. The only thing is in the installation manual it says the throttle position sensor is on the passenger side of the throttle body but on the V6 the TPS is on the drivers side...

I got the racers kti locally... You can buy everything seperately but it is cheaper to buy the kit...
Thanks man!!! I will let Chris at Excessive know where the TPS is when he installs it.
I actually had one guy print my web page out and take it with him to the installer... LOL! Said it came in handy!
I'll do one better. I will have chris pull it (your website) up on the dyno computer. He has like a 40 inch plasma hooked up to the dyno PC. LOL. He should be able to see it fine.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:51 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Would I need new tunes after having the ZEX installed? I read that custome tunes for it only work with the Predator, and I have X-Cal. Is that true?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Would I need new tunes after having the ZEX installed? I read that custome tunes for it only work with the Predator, and I have X-Cal. Is that true?
No, the SCT-2 works just fine. For a 75 shot, just use stock timing and 93 octane gas. For anything above a 75 shot, get a dyno tune. At least that's what the experts tell me.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:43 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Would I need to get new tunes from breenspeed.com where I ordered it from? Or could I just re-flash it? Oh and would you get new gears? Im not sure what would be best.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Would I need to get new tunes from breenspeed.com where I ordered it from? Or could I just re-flash it? Oh and would you get new gears? Im not sure what would be best.
No, just might have to change the spark plug timing with your tuner. Anyone can do it. Ask Scrming or Jimp, they know what parameter to change on the spark plug timing.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:28 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

No, just might have to change the spark plug timing with your tuner. Anyone can do it. Ask Scrming or Jimp, they know what parameter to change on the spark plug timing.
OOOPS! The spark advance while it is a option for the end user to change does not appear to work! Lidio and I verified it last time I was at his shop. That being said, yes, MHS you need to contact breenspeed to have them make you a custom Nitrous tune. For the 75HP shot you need them to put all the timing back to the factory settings. If you are going to run 100HP shot then you need not only the stock timing put back but they also need to pull an additional 2 degrees...

Old 12-27-2005, 06:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

OOOPS! The spark advance while it is a option for the end user to change does not appear to work! Lidio and I verified it last time I was at his shop. That being said, yes, MHS you need to contact breenspeed to have them make you a custom Nitrous tune. For the 75HP shot you need them to put all the timing back to the factory settings. If you are going to run 100HP shot then you need not only the stock timing put back but they also need to pull an additional 2 degrees...

My bad!!!! I thought you could do it. Its an option on the tuner, how annoying. Oh well, better to have the pros do it anyway on a major power adder.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

My bad!!!! I thought you could do it. Its an option on the tuner, how annoying. Oh well, better to have the pros do it anyway on a major power adder.
Yep, great idea... And spring for the bung hole so they can properly measure your A/F

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZEX