Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 Shelby "WATCH OUT"

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: v6 Shelby "WATCH OUT"

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Looks nice but if you stop an think about it...it looks like it should be a V8..meaning..with only 350HP, if you pull up next to a guy that thinks you're driving a V8 shelby and has a car that can compete with the V8 version, you're gonna look like a chump when he hands your ****.
The CS6 should be about 80 lbs lighter and will have 50 more HP than the GT, so maybe not...
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

Looks nice but if you stop an think about it...it looks like it should be a V8..meaning..with only 350HP, if you pull up next to a guy that thinks you're driving a V8 shelby and has a car that can compete with the V8 version, you're gonna look like a chump when he hands your ****.
The CS6 should be about 80 lbs lighter and will have 50 more HP than the GT, so maybe not...
50 more than the baseline GT yes...but he is talking about a guy who has a blown v8.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TMG

50 more than the baseline GT yes...but he is talking about a guy who has a blown v8.
They made a V8 version too, its on the web site. This has been out for sometime. So far, we know the 7.5 rear end was swapped out with a 8.8 from a GT. I'll dig up a thread on it that has more technical information.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I think that's cool.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

They made a V8 version too, its on the web site. This has been out for sometime. So far, we know the 7.5 rear end was swapped out with a 8.8 from a GT. I'll dig up a thread on it that has more technical information.
Yea we know, what derf is saying is that, the C6 looks really mean, and that 350hp is super nice from a v6, but when someone comes along with a 500+hp blown v8 thinking they are running another blown v8 ( not to mention a shelby ) they are going to get shat on and made to look stupid.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Yea we know, what derf is saying is that, the C6 looks really mean, and that 350hp is super nice from a v6, but when someone comes along with a 500+hp blown v8 thinking they are running another blown v8 ( not to mention a shelby ) they are going to get shat on and made to look stupid.

I concur, and the problem is we do not know if there was piston or cam work done to the 6. That is pivotable to determine if the car can be pushed further, otherwise you are stuck with 350 at the fly wheel. Keep in mind this is flywheel hp, not rwhp. Personally, will probably keep my zex, strengthen the engine and go with a turbo when they come available for a two stage 1/4 mile system. Besides, those shelbys are damn expensive, you are paying for a name. To me it's not worth it.

The only name I care about is mustang, as imports look at the running pony emblem as I rip them up.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

i still think its a cool little car, and its only a matter of time before that v6 is getting close to 400hp with a nice setup...and the GT can hit 600 with internals and a good fuel system no problem.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

i still think its a cool little car, and its only a matter of time before that v6 is getting close to 400hp with a nice setup...and the GT can hit 600 with internals and a good fuel system no problem.
You are right about that!!! For once both stangs appear are peformance capable, the GT always was but for the first time, the 6 is without major rework. Before, 3.8 owners had to stroke thier engines via something like a supersix setup and then go with major power adder to do some serious *** kicking.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Yea its pretty sweet to see them both run like that. Ford is stepping up to the plate.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea its pretty sweet to see them both run like that. Ford is stepping up to the plate.
LOL. Yea, I don't think the 4.0 was planned, they just took something reliable and a little bit more powerful and put it in the 6 banger. I.E. a engine from the Ranger/Explorer line that has already matured. Lucky for us sixers, there are plenty of Rangers running on SC's and other major power adders.

Quick Reply: v6 Shelby "WATCH OUT"