Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PLASMA BOOSTER IGNITION SYSTEM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:56 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

Default PLASMA BOOSTER IGNITION SYSTEM?

RPM OUTLET IS PUSHING THIS PLASMA BOOSTER FOR AROUND 200 AND TALKING 12 HP AND 12 TQ ANYBODY FAMILIAR WITH IT. FOR 200 BUCKAROOS FOR THAT MUCH INCREASE I WOULD SPEND THE GREENS.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: PLASMA BOOSTER IGNITION SYSTEM?

Huh I have not heard of it yet but I was wondering when an ignition system was going to pop up. I was just thinking about it a few days ago.

Ignition is always a fun thing to do even if it don't add much power.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I would think screamin would be the first to get it on his ride and dyno'd but we'll see.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

It's a quick 10 minute install you mount it with 2 way tape and maybe some ties and just stick the pins into the wires
Old 01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I would think screamin would be the first to get it on his ride and dyno'd but we'll see.
he's my hero lol... i bet he will too if its really worth it.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangman53

It's a quick 10 minute install you mount it with 2 way tape and maybe some ties and just stick the pins into the wires

Ok.. this one is new to me.... so i've started looking in to it... I haven't done much with ignition stuff since my old Jeep CJ-7 days when things were simpler... you know single coil, distributer, distributer cap... etc... Had that big yellow Accel coil...

I'm looking at the pictures of the install... i'm slightly confused... I guess tomorrow I'll have to pop the hood and take a closer look at things...

Some say it makes a difference... some say it doesn't...
Old 01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Ok.... so I looked under the hood... The V6 has a 6 tower coil pack... so I don't know how this booster thing would connect to our cars, since the install they show was connecting to the GT's coil over wire... hmmmm... so I thought I would call Ignition Solutions to see what they had to say... the phone was "being checked for trouble"... that's never good sign! LOL! So I went on to try look for after market coil packs... there are none that I could find for our cars... so... kind of running into dead ends on this mod... I'll try and give Ignition Solutions a call again next week...

Ok... so I goofed... they've got the INSTALL steps right on the RPM site! LOL! Not clearest instructions... LOL

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/pbb5.htm

Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

Plasma Booster snake oil system gets yours now!!!. "Burns fuel faster" than your stock system. When the fuel is initially lit by the spark the rate of burn is not a function of the spark. Can't be!!! Our system burns fuel faster, just look at our dyno sheets....BS.... Who has experienced a MISS FIRE on their 4.0; anyone? When the fuel lights off it's lit... if your car is not miss fireing than how can this snake oil $300 mystery box possibly improve anything? I doubt Ford designed an ignition system that can be improved to such an extent that Hp and Tq will increase by leaps and bounds by a plug in mystery box. My money will stay in my pocket.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05AV6
Plasma Booster snake oil system gets yours now!!!. "Burns fuel faster" than your stock system. When the fuel is initially lit by the spark the rate of burn is not a function of the spark. Can't be!!! Our system burns fuel faster, just look at our dyno sheets....BS.... Who has experienced a MISS FIRE on their 4.0; anyone? When the fuel lights off it's lit... if your car is not miss fireing than how can this snake oil $300 mystery box possibly improve anything? I doubt Ford designed an ignition system that can be improved to such an extent that Hp and Tq will increase by leaps and bounds by a plug in mystery box. My money will stay in my pocket.
While I don't think they would do much for our stock engines, I wouldn't quite call the plasma booster devices snake oil.

I believe these things are meant for boosted applications, where missfire can be a serious problem.

Take a look at:http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8driveshaft.htm

The bottom right picture shows that they are installing this on a charged car.

Copied from the page linked above:
Highlights

• Cures miss fire under high load and high RPM
• 100% secondary current (Spark Amperage) increase
• 4 Times Spark Energy Increase for the initial spark discharge
• Compatible with all OEM components
• Compatible with OBD-II (On-Board-Diagnostics)
• Works perfectly with Supercharger and Turbocharger systems

Old 01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

ORIGINAL: 05AV6
While I don't think they would do much for our stock engines, I wouldn't quite call the plasma booster devices snake oil.

I believe these things are meant for boosted applications, where missfire can be a serious problem.

Take a look at:http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8driveshaft.htm

The bottom right picture shows that they are installing this on a charged car.

Copied from the page linked above:
Highlights

• Cures miss fire under high load and high RPM
• 100% secondary current (Spark Amperage) increase
• 4 Times Spark Energy Increase for the initial spark discharge
• Compatible with all OEM components
• Compatible with OBD-II (On-Board-Diagnostics)
• Works perfectly with Supercharger and Turbocharger systems

That's why I was wondering if it would do anything for my Nitrous setup where there's a chance of "spark blow out"...

Quick Reply: PLASMA BOOSTER IGNITION SYSTEM?