Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Gurrilla133
1st Gear Member

Default Need some suggestions

I wan't to install a CAI, exhaust, t-lok, gears, and a tune on my 05 V6 auto.

Before I ask my question I just want to add that I do not have access to a shop which does tunes around here, so I will need to be able to order one based on my specs plus the parts I buy (im not even sure thats possible). I am however willing to drive anywhere in Florida south of Orlando, so if you know anywhere, that will work.

Sooo, what would you all suggest as a package (CAI, single exhaust, t-lok, gears, and tune) and where should I look to making this purchase.

Also, would anyone suggest changing the fuel from stock to 91 or whatever (does it make a difference).

And finally, is there anything else you would suggest, while I am doing all of this, besides a supercharger or nitrous (I dont have them, just not an option).

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need some suggestions

With the exhaust you don't really need a retune... might help a lil... but not as important as with the CAI

several of the sponsors on this forum offer tuner+CAI combo's. get one with the XCal2 or the Predator (the XCal1 won't allow you to change the gear ratio settings so you're speedometer will be off)

That will include the tune you need for the CAI (and probably a 91 octane tune as well)

you can use the tuner to change your gear size for speedometer accuracy

that would be the simplest and cheapest way to get where you want, with a new tune, yet not having to get a custom tune done on a dyno
Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I got my XCal 2 and custom tunes from brenspeed.com. I just emailed them with my list of mods I had on my car and they made me 3 custom tunes. One for 87, 89 and 91 octanes. You could knock out the tune and CAI in one order by getting a package deal, or just order them separately. I would reccomend either the C&L cai or the AEM brute for cai. You can get the gears and t-lok from mustangtuning.com or rpmoutlet.com. Going with 91 octane will make a difference. v6mustangstuff.com has a few axle back exhausts. You dont really need a tune for exhaust, but it might help a little. There is not that much more you could do mods wise other than the ones you listed. Maybe underdrive pulleys, and a new throttle body is coming out.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Gurrilla133
1st Gear Member

Thank you all for the help. I think from what I have heard in these replies, and elsewhere in the forums, I am going to go with the C&L intake and tuner. I actually made this decision a while ago but I cannot seem to find a place that sells the package or just the Intake. (But I would like the package). Brenspeed for instance, didnt seem to have the C&L. I found a few sites but they only have it for the GT.

The only place I found it was on C&L's website, and its perfect. Does anyone know where I can buy it (the package)?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:50 PM
stangman53
1st Gear Member

Go onto steeda.com and click on the dealer locator their are dozens of Pony shops all over Florida The CAI Dyno tune is much better than letting them do the guesswork. Their are way to many variables and the new parts have not been around long enough for them to get a precise read yet LOL