Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

clearence on eibach springs v6 lowering kit!! 125 dollars

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:29 AM
jebrewni
1st Gear Member

Default clearence on eibach springs v6 lowering kit!! 125 dollars

guys i just saw this on another mustang forum .

http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/cc...g_parts_cc.htm

if anyone has these on there car the eibach lowering springs please tell me how they r how much drop and what else u need to install and where do u get the extra parts. thanks a lot everyone and have a great day!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 03:27 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: clearence on eibach springs v6 lowering kit!! 125 dollars

I had them installed on my car, i thought that with my 20's that I would be rubbing, but turns out my tire size along with the rims where just a tad bigger than the overall original diameter, as far as clearance common sense is authorized. I take it nice and easy when going over speed bumbs especially the little one because you go up quick and come down fast not giving enough time to let my car go through. The bigger longer speed bumps work out nice cause i can go over them rather quick but not to quick. Anyways hope this helps
Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 AM
islandmustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: clearence on eibach springs v6 lowering kit!! 125 dollars

you probably saw my other post about these lowering springs. I have lowered my car with these springs, and sacramento mustang is also my installer. Usually, with installing lowering springs, you would need a camber kit or those bolts that are easy camber adjusters. The shop used the easy bolts to correct my camber.

If you are running 17inch rims..i would recommend 50 series tires. I have 255/50/17s, and they fit JUST RIGHT. They arent too wide. They don't rub, and they look good filling in the gaps. To me, i rather use tire sidewall than rim to fill up the space on american cars. It looks better, and not to "pimp my ride". Also, 50 series tires have better ride quality.

I also recommend changing shock. From what i read, stock shocks will bottom easily. I upgraded to the tokico d-specs. THEY ARE GREAT!! Just a preference to some...you could just stick with the stcok shocks..