Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 power please help

Old 01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: v6 power please help

well i am kinda in the middle of know where in a small town i would end up going to chicago everyonce and a while maybe 1 time a month if that tell me what u think i should get most of my roads i wil be on are farm back roads from town to townthen the highway to ne thing else wich wont make ne diference i can drive manual just fine but never had experince in traffic or how much a pain it can be
Old 01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

take it from the guys and girls in and around the city, i drive about 15 mile to work in aubun which is two lane road EZ, but when i run to seattle or some where else on I-5 and get on that interstate and some smuck that does not now how to drive gets killed when he cuts a semi off and it runs him over, then there you set for posibly 2-3 hours stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go stop and go

that sucks with a stick
Old 01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i drive the city alot and this is one of the best autos i have had its also the same as the gt and if you do a tune you can play with the shift points if you must
Old 01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

yea i realize that but i mean for that one day with an acident wich dosent happen much around us i think it will be worth all the other times for alota fun and i will get better accl. out of it i thinkl?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:45 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

sounds like before you buy you should rent one the autos not that bad i can burn the tires all day long now that i have done the tune and stuff and in running the wider gt tires. at your age all the stick will do for you is let you spend more money on tires and clutches. but hey i guess you have to get it out of your system. we were all 16 at one time my first car was a 67 gt cougar 390 big block 4 speed possi rear end. just stay out a jail [sm=gears.gif]LOL
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

yea i drove one we have friends that is a dealer and i drove a v6 auto just not a manual
Old 01-08-2006, 08:20 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ok so the v6 auto is a dog stock! check out some of us mindles indviduals that have tweeked the v6 autos big big diff. did i say big dif. i know you prob wont think its fast enough but heving been pulled over 5 times since i got mine last febuary heck its fast enough for me. and im a 44 year old! you will have pull me over all over you! good luck and enjoy! my seventeen year old loves when i let him take mine out.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

ok so the v6 auto is a dog stock! check out some of us mindles indviduals that have tweeked the v6 autos big big diff. did i say big dif. i know you prob wont think its fast enough but heving been pulled over 5 times since i got mine last febuary heck its fast enough for me. and im a 44 year old! you will have pull me over all over you! good luck and enjoy! my seventeen year old loves when i let him take mine out.
5 times!!!

did you get tickets or did you get off?? I have been pulled over once and but that was for not wearing a seatbelt
lol
Old 01-08-2006, 10:15 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

im on the exec board for the LBP Honoraries were are in charge of the widows and orphans fund. my id has got me out of all of them. thank goodnes. first time was for the tint on my way to sac, chp pulled me over, but after he got me outa the car first thing he asked was "did it come with the stripes" i knew i was ok . the others were around town 55 in 35 and so on ok on all of them too. i mean heck the car idles at 55
Old 01-09-2006, 12:14 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

i mean heck the car idles at 55
amen to that