Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

T-Lok question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:33 PM
socool9004
2nd Gear Member

Default T-Lok question

Hey all,
Ok I want to buy and install a T-lok for my car, o want the ford racing one BECAUSE I want o keep my warranty valid, I am wondering A. where I can get a GOOD deal on a 7.5 inch ford racing Traction-Lok Differential and B. how hard/easy it is to install, I am a pretty knowledgeable mechanic thus far I have done all work on my car myself (exhaust, intake, suspension, wheels, and sway bar) I don’t know if it would make a difference but I have ABS and traction control as well, I dunno what factors those play but they are their. Lastly just to throw out their, I don’t want to change my ring and pinion but does anyone know what the stock V6 manual gear ratio is?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:54 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: T-Lok question

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/ is a good source for a t-lok at $199

Here's a better price... I think I heard that the t-lok from stangstore might be rebuilt though.

http://www.stangstore.com/Merchant3/...tegory_Code=V6

Oh wait... but you have traction control... With traction control off, you're spinnin' two tires when they let loose, right? I don't think ya need a t-lok!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/ is a good source for a t-lok at $199

Here's a better price... I think I heard that the t-lok from stangstore might be rebuilt though.

http://www.stangstore.com/Merchant3/...tegory_Code=V6

Oh wait... but you have traction control... With traction control off, you're spinnin' two tires when they let loose, right? I don't think ya need a t-lok!
05s have open diffs like the SN-95s
Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

i would think that the traction control off both wheels would spin too....but hummm maybe im wrong. oh and yes the T-lok is alot harder to install then all the other mods you installed yourself.....plus its better to get it done right the first time so you want see problems later. i got mines from the stangstore $180 shipped
Old 01-09-2006, 07:13 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

traction control off does not mean both wheels will spin...

I know this for sure, because I wanted to know the same thing right after getting my mustang.
Backed into a dead spot in my yard, turned traction control off, hit gas --- only 1 tire mark

traction control is this weird thing that locks your rear brakes and cuts gas when you're tires start spinning (I guess for snow/ice, I woudn't know)

no, don't attempt the t-lok install yourself, unless you have the propper dial indicators, callipers, shims, blah blah blah... crap you need to do that kind of install. I'm going to attempt mine myself (also putting 4.10 gears in), but under the direct supervision of a skilled mechanic. from what I've researched, it's not an easy task (or quick, figure 4-10 hours)

Old 01-09-2006, 11:07 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

righty o... I stand corrected [sm=oopssign.gif]
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

socool9004
don’t want to change my ring and pinion but does anyone know what the stock V6 manual gear ratio is?
Socoo you have a 3.31.

hamidlmt

hamidlmt you have had me LMAO two times now, first the one below now the quote above OMG! I mean it in a good way, hamidlmt did you read the below from somewhere or did you make it up on the spot that was good?

“What are you going to do rip out the heart and soul, tailpipe of a ricer and perform a 2am sacrifice to horsepower gods?” -hamidlmt
@Rygn I couldn't PM Exception 13 because of the problem the website is having yet on the PC, you want to shoot him an e-mail as only one left.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:18 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

hamidlmt

hamidlmt you have had me LMAO two times now, first the one below now the quote above OMG! I mean it in a good way, hamidlmt did read the below from somewhere or did you make it up on the spot that was good?

“What are you going to do rip out the heart and soul, tailpipe of a ricer and perform a 2am sacrifice to horsepower gods?” -hamidlmt
@Rygn I couldn't PM Exception 13 because of the problem yet on the PC you you want to shoot him an e-mail as only one left
TJ,

Actually as soon as I saw your email I forwarded it to his email. I'll probably be talking to him tomorrow on the phone and will remind him. Earlier today when I called him he was on the phone with MAC so I know hes sorting something out.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TJ
hamidlmt you have had me LMAO two times now, first the one below now the quote above OMG! I mean it in a good way, hamidlmt did you read the below from somewhere or did you make it up on the spot that was good?
yeah... out of this wee noggin of mine [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

WOW this thread is amazing

Quick Reply: T-Lok question