Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ATI procharger/supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:04 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

Default ATI procharger/supercharger?

hey all...

i was considering gettin the ATI supercharger for the 05 v6...considering it is the only one out there as of now and it might take kb forever and a day for the v6 supercharger, what do yall think?

heres the link to where i found it
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6ati.htm

do yall think its any good? should i/shouldnt i? wait for kb? i need opinions!

ps. i dont want to start adding things like CAI and such if im goin to supercharge it(correct me if im wrong, but i think that the CAI would get yanked out when the s/c got put in.

sooo... should i get it? dont got enough now, in a few months i will. what other mods could i get for now that would be compatible with the ATI charger?

thanks everyone for your help
Old 01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ATI procharger/supercharger?

Ya have more supercharger choices than ya can shake a stick at (um... that is if you have a very fragile stick that tends to break when pointed at only a handful of things). There's also the Powerdyne and Vortech (4 to choose from - http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/..._v6_tuner.html )... and the Explorer Express X-charger ( http://www.explorerexpress.com/ ) should be out soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: ATI procharger/supercharger?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=40330
Plenty of options out there.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ATI procharger/supercharger?(Im gonna wait

The more I kept on looking the more I came to one conclusion for 5000(rough number with install) or less a little, im gonna wait. Im gonna take that money save it, buy a v8 next time. I know a guy who just had one install and he came back and told me that it gave him 315.25 hp @ 7PSI. Just a little over a stock GT from what he explained to me. Ihave fun with my little v6 but now I know, and next time the mistake will not be made. Shiiiiii*t I may trade up and just by me a used vette and have fun with that. Either way I will not buy a v6. Its a nice car to have if you want to save on some gas but thats all.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:56 AM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

a stock gt only has like 287whp or something like that
Old 01-11-2006, 03:12 AM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

well, i live in CA and i was looking at those restriction and i dont know if ill be able to do all that, those restrictions werent mentioned on the ATI site. dammit...

anyways, to my other question- what mods would have to be replaced/removed if i supercharged?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

There's going to be a CA version of the X-Charger. If you have a CAI with a hard inlet pipe it may not work with the X-Charger. That's why I've stuck with the Steeda which uses the stock inlet pipe.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

The more I kept on looking the more I came to one conclusion for 5000(rough number with install) or less a little, im gonna wait. Im gonna take that money save it, buy a v8 next time. I know a guy who just had one install and he came back and told me that it gave him 315.25 hp @ 7PSI. Just a little over a stock GT from what he explained to me. Ihave fun with my little v6 but now I know, and next time the mistake will not be made. Shiiiiii*t I may trade up and just by me a used vette and have fun with that. Either way I will not buy a v6. Its a nice car to have if you want to save on some gas but thats all.
Stock GT is 300 HP at the flywheel, not at the rear wheels. RWHp for the GT is around 260 if I remember correctly.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:33 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

also, a 7psi boost is not very much, i am sure we could put about 10...i mean if my friend's celica can take 16...lol
Old 01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

also, a 7psi boost is not very much, i am sure we could put about 10...i mean if my friend's celica can take 16...lol
Going above the 6psi range will require some type of cooling system. From what I read, at 9psi or above, without a cooling system there is a risk of damaging the pistons due to heat conditions.