Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mini Cooper S vs. V-6 Stang

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mini Cooper S vs. V-6 Stang

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

The V6 Mustang also greatly benefits from some sneakers with a bit more grip than the stock BFG's.
Yeah.. that does help.. but the main thing in my opinion is the V6 is way to mushy and the lack of a rear sway bar results in way too much body roll.... I put in a set of H&R lowering springs and that GREATLY improve the mushy and to some extent the body roll... I'm sure a GT takeoff sway bar would make a big difference... however since I'm goingdown the drag strip path, i put the stock springs back in, won't do a rear sway bar and put in some drag shocks in the rear... LOL
Old 01-22-2006, 11:44 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

The V6 Mustang also greatly benefits from some sneakers with a bit more grip than the stock BFG's.
Yeah.. that does help.. but the main thing in my opinion is the V6 is way to mushy and the lack of a rear sway bar results in way too much body roll.... I put in a set of H&R lowering springs and that GREATLY improve the mushy and to some extent the body roll... I'm sure a GT takeoff sway bar would make a big difference... however since I'm goingdown the drag strip path, i put the stock springs back in, won't do a rear sway bar and put in some drag shocks in the rear... LOL
mmmm, LCA's. I'm wondering if I can resist putting them in before drag season. I was thinking of doing a project of 1/4 mile times without them, and then with them and posting my slips. But the cold war may dictate otherwise.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:49 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

mmmm, LCA's. I'm wondering if I can resist putting them in before drag season. I was thinking of doing a project of 1/4 mile times without them, and then with them and posting my slips. But the cold war may dictate otherwise.
Well, they can't hurt and is relatively inexpensive... I would just go with the non-adjustable ones.. I've got the adjustable combo ones... got a deal I couldn't pass up... I don't really need the adjustabilty.. and they are incredibly noisey... LOL!

The reason I had to put them in is the first time I ran the Nitto 450s I got an incredible amount of wheel hop... very very bad! LOL! The LCA fixed it right up..

BMR makes nice stuff... I would look at those...
Old 01-22-2006, 12:47 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Well, they can't hurt and is relatively inexpensive... I would just go with the non-adjustable ones.. I've got the adjustable combo ones... got a deal I couldn't pass up... I don't really need the adjustabilty.. and they are incredibly noisey... LOL!

The reason I had to put them in is the first time I ran the Nitto 450s I got an incredible amount of wheel hop... very very bad! LOL! The LCA fixed it right up..

BMR makes nice stuff... I would look at those...
Cool! So you are saying the fixed ones won't be noisey?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Cool! So you are saying the fixed ones won't be noisey?
Right... the rod ends of mine are very noisy at low speeds.. Look at the end and you'll see why:

Here's the bushing end:

That ends not noisy... however... they will make the car ride a little harsher.. you will feel the bumps in the pavement more.. The reason for that is... take a look at the stock bushing... big slots in the rubber... very mushy... absorbs the bumps... which on the street is good... but on the track it can cause wheel hop... (the stock LCA also will flex).. all this movement causes the tires to load and unload.. which cause the wheel hop... or at least that's how I understand it...

Here the stock bushing: