Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

You will love this motor info.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:57 AM
BlueStang2005

Default You will love this motor info.

Hot info here, is what supersixmotors has to say about our 4.0's. The good the bad not too ugly. You need to upgrade some things if you get a supercharger. Unless you want to blow it up. http://www.supersportsixmotorsports....4osohctech.pdf I made a link. how do you make it go straight to the sight ?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
BlueStang2005

Default RE: You will love this motor info.

You will have to type this site in manually. It's there super info.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

I think you mean http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/40SOHCTech.pdf
Old 01-13-2006, 03:12 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

BTW I just read this, its really good info. Thanks bluestang.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 AM
BlueStang2005

If you look at what gains they make by doing the stage 2 or stage 2 plus is 50 to 80 horses at $1500 to $2000... That is what you need to protect your motor any way. This place sounds like the way to go. I visited this site about 8 months ago. They showed optioned to buy for the 2005.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlueStang2005

Hot info here, is what supersixmotors has to say about our 4.0's. The good the bad not too ugly. You need to upgrade some things if you get a supercharger. Unless you want to blow it up. http://www.supersportsixmotorsports....4osohctech.pdf I made a link. how do you make it go straight to the sight ?
No! No! No!

This is simply one person's opinion... a person that just happens to be selling you things too... This article is NOT GOSPEL! Besides not being able to supercharger a stock 4.0 they point out that it's unsafe to run Nitrous on a stock 4.0... This is simply not true... I'm living proof that Nitrous can very safely be run on a stock 4.0 motor! Take a look at PowerHouse running 12PSI on a stock 4.0... And that new Shelby C6 is using a stock motor... Vortech/Explorer Express/Procharger all assume that that their blowers are going on a stock 4.0... If are motors were as bad as the picture painted by this article they would be crazy to develop a kit for it! They know they would end up with a lot of angry customers!

When this article came out last summer I showed it to some one that I trust... they wrote most of the article off to "the old way of thinking" and that mosts of the issue can simply be dealt with when tuning the car.

My opinion is the article was written as a scare tactic to increase sales... plain and simple... Sorry for the harsh rant but I think to many people believe the sky is falling...
Old 01-13-2006, 08:02 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

hey... I just heard the sky is falling... I'm glad I brought my umbrella!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

No! No! No!

This is simply one person's opinion... a person that just happens to be selling you things too... This article is NOT GOSPEL! Besides not being able to supercharger a stock 4.0 they point out that it's unsafe to run Nitrous on a stock 4.0... This is simply not true... I'm living proof that Nitrous can very safely be run on a stock 4.0 motor! Take a look at PowerHouse running 12PSI on a stock 4.0... And that new Shelby C6 is using a stock motor... Vortech/Explorer Express/Procharger all assume that that their blowers are going on a stock 4.0... If are motors were as bad as the picture painted by this article they would be crazy to develop a kit for it! They know they would end up with a lot of angry customers!

When this article came out last summer I showed it to some one that I trust... they wrote most of the article off to "the old way of thinking" and that mosts of the issue can simply be dealt with when tuning the car.

My opinion is the article was written as a scare tactic to increase sales... plain and simple... Sorry for the harsh rant but I think to many people believe the sky is falling...
Agreed. There's enough Zex systems out there on 4.0's that we would have started hearing about head gasket woes by now, if cylinder pressures were really a problem.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

No! No! No!

well said ....
Old 01-15-2006, 04:21 AM
BlueStang2005

Ok so this wasn't the best option. You cut me way down. That wasn't my propuse. I noticed that the 3.8 was getting 50 to 80 extra horses for $1500 to $2000 counted labor. It looks to me that this isthe second bang for the buck option for our sixes. From what you have posted. Supercharger looks like 3rd option. Plus this strenthens our motors. Makes them SUPER ready for further mods. Most people I talk to are SUPER WORRIED aboaut using NITOUS with any stock motor. No matter what it is. Unless price is no problem. Which most sixers would have a GT if price wasn't a problem. But forgive me I am trying to learn as much as I can right now.

Quick Reply: You will love this motor info.