Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

results - v6 vs wrx

Old 01-16-2006, 04:50 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default results - v6 vs wrx

so, some people might remember i posted a couple days ago about how me and a wrx were going to race, and tonight we did it...so results!

just to make what i am saying below more clear let me say this first:
off the line means first to about 3 car lengs in front of the other wins
low speed roll is starting at about 15mph
high speed roll is at about 45mph

05 wrx: stock
off the line- i won, he got about a yard and a half in front of me, then i hit 2nd and i hauled passed him, but i think it was a piloting problem on his part
low speed roll- i won again, pulled past him right from the start, tore him apart
high speed roll- i won again, but this time i did not pull past him as quickly as when i did at the lower speeds

03 wrx: intake, blow off valve, exhaust, 14psi boost
off the line- tore me apart..in about a second and a half he was already a car length in front of me (this is why i am convinced that the race with the 05 was a piloting problem when i won off the line)
low speed roll- this time i won, pulled passed him right at the start, it was a bit harder than the 05 stock wrx though
high speed roll- won again, this time i did not pull past him by much from the start, then in about half a second i started to pull past him at a pretty good rate and within the next few seconds i was far ahead of him
just for fun- right bfore me and him went to the race, we found eachother on the road, we just messed around untill about 80mph then we decided to hit it, we stayyed right beside eachother but then for some reason he slowed down (not purposely on his part) and i pulled infront of him (turbo lag?)

also i raced an 02 legacy, 88 legend, 93 legend, a couple rsx's and some lowered pick up truck (lol at the truck) and beat all of them
Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 AM
stang13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: results - v6 vs wrx

Way to go man, rep the v6's. Hey, I gotta admit i kinda called it. U woulda beat any of those subarus off a rolling start. Its their lag, if they dont start off ripped, they'll get owned. You'd even do ok against the sti if it was rolling. congrats man!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 AM
Gurrilla133
1st Gear Member

That is awesome. To tell you the truth, I didn't think you had a chance. This is problably because me and my friend swapped cars for a night (I drove his STI) and I tore the three 05 V6 mustangs up at my club. Nice to know I will be able to take the other WRXs. Anyways, good job!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:58 AM
stang13
1st Gear Member

I drove my friends sti too, the sti if it was a 1/4 would murder a v6 but try this. Cruise at 20, then floor it. Omg, i got a nose bleed frum the lag! Dun till ur wrx buddy but he should try sum left foot breakin. Sounds funny but frum the rolling start, he shoulda kept the rpm high while holding it down with the breaks to spin his turbos. But hey, dont tell the ricer boy. Even if you lost, it woulda been a stylish one[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 01-16-2006, 06:10 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Sweet deal. Very encouraging.

Just got in my semi first race tonight... didn't bode so well:

Some cheapy 80's ricer (never got a good look at it, only saw the carbon fiber hood) met me at a light. I was just talking to both of my friends, when one of my buddies goes, "OoooH! I think he wants to race, he's looking over his shoulder at us!" When I looked over, all I saw was the hood, never glanced back toward the driver. Light hits green, and I didn't start anything, just my normal take-off speed. My exhaust might've gotten the guy excited(dual magnaflows) though as my same friend (sitting in the back) goes "OH! He's gunning it! GO! GO! GO!" By this time, I'm going about 20MPH, with O/D on... so all I can really do is hope to god my auto does the rest. I floor it, and take off. The next thing I know, my RPMs dropped like mad, probably shifted right into- what's equivalent of- 5th... typical. I wasn't even at 70MPH slowly accelerating... The Honda starts pulling in front, about half a car length, when we had to hit the breaks- red light coming up. I was pissed, but in my mind, there wasn't anything I could've done better (maybe manually shifted to 2nd, but I wasn't in the right train of thought at the time).

Knowing that you can run with an 03 WRX and win is encouraging, just showing driver error on my end.

On the way home from the movie theatre (where we were headed in the first place) I was testing out my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and reassured myself in knowing.. had I used that, I my 'stang would've had fried rice as her first meal.

Anyhow, now I'm hoping to grab a K&N CAI system for discount from my boss's brother, and looking into SCT xcal2. I wont make that same mistake twice.