Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hubbys NEW 05 stang just died!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Default Hubbys NEW 05 stang just died!

Hubbys new 05 premium coupe just died on him. Let me explain. Went out yesterday to start her up and the remote door opener would not open the door.....he used the key...put it in the ignition and heard 2 or 3 clicks, all the dash lights started flashing, but would not do anything else. Anybody ever have this problem? Thinking its a computer issue? Course he is pissed and not happy that it will have to be towed to the dealer. Any ideas?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:47 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hubbys NEW 05 stang just died!

ORIGINAL: stangmomasc

Hubbys new 05 premium coupe just died on him. Let me explain. Went out yesterday to start her up and the remote door opener would not open the door.....he used the key...put it in the ignition and heard 2 or 3 clicks, all the dash lights started flashing, but would not do anything else. Anybody ever have this problem? Thinking its a computer issue? Course he is pissed and not happy that it will have to be towed to the dealer. Any ideas?
I would try disconnecting the battery and let it set for 15 minutes. Reconnect battery and make sure both positive and negative cables are nice and tight....
Old 01-16-2006, 12:23 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

didnt leave a map light on when you got out of the car and overnight did you???- could have killed the bat
Old 01-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

We have had a couple of people in here have "Electrical" problems.... In almost every event it was the "Smart Jack" which monitors and controls all electrical facilities of the car.

Take it to your dealership - - er - uh - - have it towed to your dealership and tell them ya wan't it FIXED! Maybe they will loan you a GT to drive while they have it!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

My car did something very similar. Dead battery cell. I've heard of a few different people having this problem. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:43 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the help. He checked the battery cables first. ok.....he went to dealer this morning and I think we are going to get the run around. Told us we had to call Roadside Asst for towing. Suppose to be here in a few hours to take it to the dealer who was less than helpful...big surprise.....no mention of a loaner at all.....so we shall see if we have a good experience or not. Thanks to you all for the feedback.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

As far as I know, if they're doing warranty service, they have to give you a loaner... At least, I'm pretty sure my dealership does.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
jthedges05
1st Gear Member

same thing happened to me.....they had to replace the alternator....no biggie...good luck!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Autobadges.com
Banned

They better give you a loaner car...with warrany on it and the inconvenience you have to go through for it.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

This isn't a new problem. Mine had the same thing happen after only a week in the garage. Funny thing was, I left it for a month after that and it started right up. Go figure??? Anyway, Ford has a TSB out regarding battery discharge, but it really isn't much help. I've included the link for you, having a copy may be helpful when you go to the dealer. If they have a TSB out on it, they should definitely spring for the loaner.

http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/...t_discarge.pdf

Quick Reply: Hubbys NEW 05 stang just died!