Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MMR TB Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MMR TB Spacer

ORIGINAL: 996r916sps

Greetings once again,

I have posted a few topics prior, showing my mods, but last night I received a couple items in the mail.

SMR black strut tower brace - $59 delivered
MMR throttle body spacer - $59 delivered

I installed both items last evening, and have to say I'm satisfied. The strut tower brace fits really nice, and looks factory. The MMR throttle body spacer went on really nice and easy, and seems to have made a difference in response. I can't tell if it made any more horsepower, until i get to the dyno. The seat of the pants feel, tells me it did something of notice. They told me over the phone, that they gained 5rwhp on a stock automatic V6 with just this spacer. I have made two changes since my last dyno run at Alternative Auto. I have changed to Royal Purple synthetics in the engine and transmission and added the MMR spacer. You can expect a 200rwhp dyno run the next time, which should be soon. My preious run was 197rwhp and 225rwtq. I can only hope, I picked up 3 rwhp since my last run. We shall see!

In conclusion, I would recommend both of these products to anyone interested.

See ya!
Could you post pictures of these parts installed? I would really like to see how that brace and TBS look.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MMR TB Spacer

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I'll believe that when I see it on our own dyno sheets!
Believe it. That truck show that comes on on Saturday did a segment where they switched all the lubricants in a 4WD pickup (differentials, trans, transfer case, engine) and got a 10 HP gain on that particular truck. There is no question that RP reduces friction enough to increase HP. The exact amount will vary based on your particular application, but the 6 HP gain stated in Hamidlmt's post is well within the range of possibilities.
Thanks man, just might have to look into this.