Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's a v6 after all

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 05:14 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: It's a v6 after all

ORIGINAL: GT05

I agree with making your V6 faster, but when I see or hear someone talking about getting the grill and foglights from a V8, that's crossing the line. I'd rather be supprised by a V6 (obvious appearance) with a turbo, than see a "V8" (really a 6) and get let down. IMO, it gives the GT's a bad name.
ok, i assume that you are new here and all, but generally we dont really do bashing on the 6ers in the 6ER SECTION so if you want to talk crap about us, please keep in in the gt section, because pretty much, i (and probably the rest of us, along with most 8ers) just dont want to hear it

and what is this about giving the "gt's a bad name"? in normal street driving how is anybody going to tell what size engine is in your car? i dont have gt fogs installed, and hell, lots of people come up to me and ask "do you have the 6 or 8 in there?" ...you know why? because most people have no clue what the foggs or duals mean

so please, keep your **** to yourself, because nobody cares for it

and no, if you are thinking this, i am not jealous of your gt, if i wanted one i would have it parked in my drive way by now
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

He just traded up to a GT from a V6, LOL....Trading UP to a GT now thats a matter of opinion...now isn't it

Old 01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

I agree with making your V6 faster, but when I see or hear someone talking about getting the grill and foglights from a V8, that's crossing the line. I'd rather be supprised by a V6 (obvious appearance) with a turbo, than see a "V8" (really a 6) and get let down. IMO, it gives the GT's a bad name.
ok, i assume that you are new here and all, but generally we dont really do bashing on the 6ers in the 6ER SECTION so if you want to talk crap about us, please keep in in the gt section, because pretty much, i (and probably the rest of us, along with most 8ers) just dont want to hear it

and what is this about giving the "gt's a bad name"? in normal street driving how is anybody going to tell what size engine is in your car? i dont have gt fogs installed, and hell, lots of people come up to me and ask "do you have the 6 or 8 in there?" ...you know why? because most people have no clue what the foggs or duals mean

and no, if you are thinking this, i am not jealous of your gt, if i wanted one i would have it parked in my drive way by now
I would agree that most people have no idea how to tell the difference between my 6 and a GT by their outwards appearance.. I attend a lot of car shows... You would not believe the number of people who just assumed I had a V8.. I would say it had to be close to 80% or maybe even 90%... was really amazing... of course the reaction I would get when I informed them it was a V6 varied greatly... most were positive but there were quite a few people who immediately told me my car wasn't a real mustang since it was only a 6... I mean I could be talking to someone for a good 5 or 10 minutes about my car and they would be all ears... then I would say "No, it's a V6" and they would run away like I had the plague!! wait until they see me now... hehehehe... (There were only 2 shows left after I put in the Zex... amazing how that changed peoples attitudes... )

What I cannot stand is the "posers"... if you like fog lights fine... (personally i don't)... but there are a number of people who will try to pass there V6 off as a GT... I would see them at the car shows... all dressed up on the outside.. but refused to open their hoods! LOL! I know one older V6... complete Rouch body kit... side exhausts... the whole 9 yards... but never opens his hood... dones want it to be completely obvious it's a V6...

The dealerships in the Detroit area were doing the same thing... you'ld see a big like of GT's out front... only thing missng was the fender emblem... hmmmmm... V6's dressed up as GTs in order to get you to stop in and look...

There was a modded V6 in a recent publication... looked very nice... but had friggin' Cobra emblems on the fender!

I say dress your car up any way you want... it's your car... I've personalized my car the way I've wanted with no regards to what others think... but it does bug me when I see people who have obviously made their car to look as much lik a GT as possible... If your going to customize your car, make it unique! LOL!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:53 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: chrisc

I would agree that most people have no idea how to tell the difference between my 6 and a GT by their outwards appearance.. I attend a lot of car shows... You would not believe the number of people who just assumed I had a V8.. I would say it had to be close to 80% or maybe even 90%... was really amazing... of course the reaction I would get when I informed them it was a V6 varied greatly... most were positive but there were quite a few people who immediately told me my car wasn't a real mustang since it was only a 6... I mean I could be talking to someone for a good 5 or 10 minutes about my car and they would be all ears... then I would say "No, it's a V6" and they would run away like I had the plague!! wait until they see me now... hehehehe... (There were only 2 shows left after I put in the Zex... amazing how that changed peoples attitudes... )

What I cannot stand is the "posers"... if you like fog lights fine... (personally i don't)... but there are a number of people who will try to pass there V6 off as a GT... I would see them at the car shows... all dressed up on the outside.. but refused to open their hoods! LOL! I know one older V6... complete Rouch body kit... side exhausts... the whole 9 yards... but never opens his hood... dones want it to be completely obvious it's a V6...

The dealerships in the Detroit area were doing the same thing... you'ld see a big like of GT's out front... only thing missng was the fender emblem... hmmmmm... V6's dressed up as GTs in order to get you to stop in and look...

There was a modded V6 in a recent publication... looked very nice... but had friggin' Cobra emblems on the fender!

I say dress your car up any way you want... it's your car... I've personalized my car the way I've wanted with no regards to what others think... but it does bug me when I see people who have obviously made their car to look as much lik a GT as possible... If your going to customize your car, make it unique! LOL!

I have the issue of Modified Mustangs that you referred to. I thought the car looked great till I saw the cobra fender emblems and GT trunk emblems as well. Does anyone know where I can get the pony emblems that don't have the pins. I really don't want to drill through my fender and I didn't care for the autobadges 4.0 emblems when I had them on my car.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:24 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I really see no need to bash the V6 Mustang, it is a superb automobile. I was torn between the GT and the V6 and in the end, I ordered the GT only because I will only mildly mod it (at least through the warranty). I have so many modification plans for my garage queen, my Corvette. Most of my spare cash and time will go into modding it. My Mustang will serve as my daily driver. I am a car lover and I particularly love Mustangs (This will be fourth).

Those people that bash the V6 are immature, insecure, shallow people that have to step on others in order to make themselves feel better. I actually find it quite amusing.

I guess the best thing to do is try to refrain from "feeding the trolls".

By the way, I spend as much time in the V6 forum as I do the GT forum. You guys are doing some really cool things to your cars and I simply enjoy reading and watching your successes with your cars.

Keep it up![sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 01-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Does anyone know where I can get the pony emblems that don't have the pins. I really don't want to drill through my fender and I didn't care for the autobadges 4.0 emblems when I had them on my car.
You could always get the ones with the pins and just cut them off with a dremel tool or something. I think there are a few people on the boards that have done that.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Traken

Does anyone know where I can get the pony emblems that don't have the pins. I really don't want to drill through my fender and I didn't care for the autobadges 4.0 emblems when I had them on my car.
You could always get the ones with the pins and just cut them off with a dremel tool or something. I think there are a few people on the boards that have done that.
I just found a shop 5 min ago that has them without the pins. Ordered! Thanks.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I have the issue of Modified Mustangs that you referred to. I thought the car looked great till I saw the cobra fender emblems and GT trunk emblems as well. Does anyone know where I can get the pony emblems that don't have the pins. I really don't want to drill through my fender and I didn't care for the autobadges 4.0 emblems when I had them on my car.
And on top of it if I remember correctly he really hadn't done much in the way of performance.. ??? That is the stuff that I just can't stand... LOL! To each his own... but the GT and Cobra emblems were just way out of line.. IMHO...

I know you already ordered your emblems.. but these guys have a lot of cool ones... http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/
Old 01-24-2006, 01:32 PM
stangdaddydc

where did you get the cheap emblrs at?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

And on top of it if I remember correctly he really hadn't done much in the way of performance.. ??? That is the stuff that I just can't stand... LOL! To each his own... but the GT and Cobra emblems were just way out of line.. IMHO...

I know you already ordered your emblems.. but these guys have a lot of cool ones... http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/
I really dug the look of the car, but for performance they did a CAI, SCT XCAL2 and Magnaflow Y pipe Dual kit. That was all. I mean, thats a quick 6, but the cobra fender emblems was tooooo much. I felt it gave the 6 a bad rep.