Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's a v6 after all

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
asp
1st Gear Member

Default It's a v6 after all

I'm not trying to tick anyone off, I am new to this forum. Seems like everyone wants their v6 to perform like or better than a GT. If I wanted ***** to the walls performance I would have bought one. The new 4.0 is plenty fast enough, cheeper for insurance and a real crowd pleaser. Making a car perform better is always a hoot but if all I wanted was performance I would have bought a ricer WRX. The Mustang is a true classic and will continue to be one decades from now, V6 and all.

2006 V6 convertable
Screeming yellow
1000 watt system
black leather interier
active alarm system
interior upgrade
Old 01-21-2006, 02:18 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: It's a v6 after all

First of all, the WRX isent a ricer. The V6 mustang has a german engine :P Few people in here are trying to make their mustang "faster than the GT" with bolt ons. A few of us may use super or turbocharges to do so, which, in my opinion, is the cheaper and faster alternative to the GT. It's a new age and big engines arent the only way to get horspower anymore. The only thing you really always miss out on in the GT is the sound of a V8.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I for one, am not trying to be as fast as a GT. I am trying to maximize the potential from the engine under my hood. A few simple mods for under a $1,000, can make it a totally different car than it was when it left the factory. A good CAI, tune and muffler works wonders.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

It's not a GT-thing. I don't drive stock cars, so getting a V6 left me with about $6,000 to make my Mustang "my own".
Old 01-21-2006, 03:16 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: asp
I would have bought a ricer WRX.

[/quote

why? we can race and beat them stock [8D]
Old 01-21-2006, 04:15 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

noir's right, its a new age, but i dont entirely agree- i think that now people are just trying to individualize their car to their likes. Thats all i'm trying to do
Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Absolutely. But since I got this car, I have been straight up with my posts on my goals. I love all mustangs, had a great 93 5.0 before this. I wont bash the GT cause I'm a mustang fanatic. But what I did say when I bought this car was, I'm going to mod this 6 to beat another 6, which is a 350z (runs 13.73 stock). I'll hit that goal, with the zex and will probably keep going.

But it is about personalizing your stang, and seeing the suprise on someones face when they get smoked by a 6 at the track. LOL.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:44 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I had the cash for a GT, but I saw my car and fell in love... had to have it. I really don't need all that power. But, buying the six has left me with enough to perk up the performance, have a lot of fun modding and truly create my own, unique ride. This is the most fun I've ever had in a car! um... oh, except for that time at the drive-in theatre in my '68 coupe... but, that's another story!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:40 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I had the cash for a GT, but I saw my car and fell in love... had to have it. I really don't need all that power. But, buying the six has left me with enough to perk up the performance, have a lot of fun modding and truly create my own, unique ride. This is the most fun I've ever had in a car! um... oh, except for that time at the drive-in theatre in my '68 coupe... but, that's another story!
One of these days, you need to let us in on this 68 you had. Perhaps put up a pic on your site or something.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

One of these days, you need to let us in on this 68 you had. Perhaps put up a pic on your site or something.
Dug through some old pics, just for you LOL. This isn't a great one.. had to brighten it a bit... too much backlighting from the sun. I told my girlfriend to duck down cuz I just wanted the car in the shot. This was taken on the Oregon coast. Leaving the beach, two ladies decided it was a good idea to walk in front of a moving vehicle. Had to brake and got stuck in the soft sand. A couple fellows gave me a push.

I got the car just before I got my license... just after my sophomore year in high school during summer break... must have been around hmm... 89. It wasn't fast, but it sure was pretty.