Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT fog lights in the V6 grill?

ORIGINAL: screaminyellin6

100% in agreement - true Mustang aficionados don't care if its a 6 or 8 (even a 4 for that fact) - they all love the history of the Mustang and the style. To each his/her own and like blackbutee said "They're MUSTANGS people....you must love them!"

You won't hear V6 bashing GT owners so try respecting the same.
"Bullitt" probably doesn't elicit any reaction from him. [X(]
Old 01-24-2006, 03:40 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

100% in agreement - true Mustang aficionados don't care if its a 6 or 8 (even a 4 for that fact) - they all love the history of the Mustang and the style. To each his/her own and like blackbutee said "They're MUSTANGS people....you must love them!"

You won't hear V6 bashing GT owners so try respecting the same.
your car is comming along nicely! Got any pics of her?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Thanks ... I've been so busy running around with work the past few weeks, that I kinda neglected my little stang and forgot to take pictures. I'll take some this week and post. Not really focusing on cosmetics right now. Mostly performance. I'm thinking hood scoop and tint in the next few weeks though. Waiting out the winter. Also can;t wait to take off the snow tires and put on the 17"Bullit Pirelli's. .

btw - I heard from Vortech that they got the complete kit for the V6 auto with the tune ready to go, but just need to get a V6 5speed in to have it fully tuned and ready. They won;t release anything until they are BOTH done -Hopefully sometime next month. I may still look at getting the tuner kit and use my own injectors and pump. MAIN REASON - they are tuning with [:@] Predator - NOT SCT. So I would get mine custom tuned anyway and use the extra money for my custom tune. I should have some more news by middle of next week. My guy Dan might be ordering a big lot of s/c's from Vortech and I may jump into it
Old 01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks ... I've been so busy running around with work the past few weeks, that I kinda neglected my little stang and forgot to take pictures. I'll take some this week and post. Not really focusing on cosmetics right now. Mostly performance. I'm thinking hood scoop and tint in the next few weeks though. Waiting out the winter. Also can;t wait to take off the snow tires and put on the 17"Bullit Pirelli's. .

btw - I heard from Vortech that they got the complete kit for the V6 auto with the tune ready to go, but just need to get a V6 5speed in to have it fully tuned and ready. They won;t release anything until they are BOTH done -Hopefully sometime next month. I may still look at getting the tuner kit and use my own injectors and pump. MAIN REASON - they are tuning with [:@] Predator - NOT SCT. So I would get mine custom tuned anyway and use the extra money for my custom tune. I should have some more news by middle of next week. My guy Dan might be ordering a big lot of s/c's from Vortech and I may jump into it
I know the guy that is providing the V6 test mule for Vortech over at themustangsource. Here is his info:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showuser=9786

He also posts here:

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=24289

But he is most active on the first link I gave you.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Hey that's cool... I didn't realize MSP was up to no good --- LOL ---

I hope he posts his results real soon, and if it's true that it is a predator tune and not SCT. I guess his is the 5 speed. Damn it sucks living in NY. We have 0 'ZERO' coverage out here it seems. Only one or two great speed shops, but no manufacturers. I need to move

- now if I could convince my wife [sm=icon_blah.gif]
Old 01-24-2006, 04:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Hey that's cool... I didn't realize MSP was up to no good --- LOL ---

I hope he posts his results real soon, and if it's true that it is a predator tune and not SCT. I guess his is the 5 speed. Damn it sucks living in NY. We have 0 'ZERO' coverage out here it seems. Only one or two great speed shops, but no manufacturers. I need to move

- now if I could convince my wife [sm=icon_blah.gif]
I know how you feel, I used to have the Diablo and sold it and went SCT. No Diablo shops in the DC area.

MSP will post, you can count on it. This is his dream, a 400 RWHP 6 banger stang. You can count on him raising hell! He posts a lot over at the source, you should PM him. He also has 3.73 gears, FR TLOK and a MAC Prochamber in the works after the SC install. He will have one bad *** ride when hes done.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

A very good dream indeed .... Wish him the best
Old 01-25-2006, 01:10 AM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

screamin where in NY are you? i am upstate Elmira
Old 01-25-2006, 01:26 AM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

I'm over on Long Island. About 45 minutes east of NYC. I've been up by Elmira... nice roads for some long drives. You guys get a bit more snow though.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: BlackB-U-TEE_06

rygenstormlocke, good post. another thing to take into account is the fact that most mustang owners (especially the ones who post here) are fans of the mustang whether v6 or v8, modified or stock. and i'd be willing to bet that many GT owners at one time or another owned a v6. any GT owner who goes around bashing the 6ers just doesn't appreciate the mustang for the awesome car that it is. personally, i loved my 98 v6 while i had it (and it's actually still a great car). now that i have my 06 GT, i've fallen in love with the mustang all over again. true stang lovers appreciate the rich american history behind the car - and i think it's clear that everyone knows a stock GT can beat a stock v6...big effen deal. They're MUSTANGS people....you must love them!

oh, and for the record, i'm always checking out and posting in the 4.6L forum, and i have yet to hear any v6 bashing from the GT owners who post there. whoever is doing the bashing should just take it somewhere else....nobody's interested.
Thanks man! Nice black Mustang! So, have you modder her yet? Any plans?

Thanks! only "mod" so far are my tinted windows. i'm planning on dropping a C&L CAI in there and i've been playing with the idea of adding exhaust - can't get enough of that growl! this is my every day driver, so i'm not really going to mod it too much - probably just enough to make it look and sound just a little cooler than it is. if that's even possible...such a beautiful car stock.

as far as the 17 year old GT "owner" goes....i only wish my parents were cool enough to drop 30k on a car for me when i was that age. my GT is ALL mine baby...i go to work every day to pay that sucker off - totally worth it though.

Quick Reply: GT fog lights in the V6 grill?