Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

heard mufflers aren't necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: heard mufflers aren't necessary?

ORIGINAL: Hambone

ORIGINAL: Traken

That's actually what I'm planning to do, an H with SLP's. Won't be till spring, though. =/
It's like spring here in NC, does that count? 54 deg right now, sunny, and the daffodills are already abou 5" out of the ground!!
Shut up, you!

Actually, in reading something on our SoS's web site, I might not be able to do SLP's.

"A muffler must be on the exhaust system to prevent excessive noise and smoke. This also includes turbine wheels used in the exhaust system of a diesel engine. Cutouts, bypasses and changes to the system to increase noise are illegal."

That doesn't seem to stop all the rice around here, but I honestly don't know anymore. Technically, I think the Loudmouths are resonators or something like that, and not mufflers... Bah... Stupid Illinois...
Old 01-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hambone

That's actually what I'm planning to do, an H with SLP's. Won't be till spring, though. =/
It's like spring here in NC, does that count? 54 deg right now, sunny, and the daffodills are already abou 5" out of the ground!!
Shut up, you!

Actually, in reading something on our SoS's web site, I might not be able to do SLP's.

"A muffler must be on the exhaust system to prevent excessive noise and smoke. This also includes turbine wheels used in the exhaust system of a diesel engine. Cutouts, bypasses and changes to the system to increase noise are illegal."

That doesn't seem to stop all the rice around here, but I honestly don't know anymore. Technically, I think the Loudmouths are resonators or something like that, and not mufflers... Bah... Stupid Illinois...
These are a close cousin to the Loudmouth..and they ARE mufflers.
http://mustangtuning.com/20muexslppoa.html
They both claim "50 state legal"...

Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking about the powerflo's as well. From everything I've heard, I prefer the LM's. Though, everything I've heard has been the v8's as well.

Yeah, I noticed the 50-state legal thing as well, on SLP's site. They seem to be talking about emissions, though. Not too sure about other stupid laws. Doesn't matter, I'll probably wind up getting them anyway.

It's worth it if I can even get a fraction of the awesome sound they give on the GT's.