Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

parking break stuck yet again, car blows

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:46 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default parking break stuck yet again, car blows

well it happened again this morning...my parking brake was stuck on and now my car is not moving all over again...i took it to the ford dealer last week and they said it was cause ice was frozen in the pivot point...and now it is doing it again..yet it hasnt rained or snowed lately..so now i had to bum a ride to work again today and am pissed...last time they tried to charge me for it and i refused so they dropped the charge..they better not try it again..and im going to demand a free rental car if they need it more than a day...they obviously didnt fix the root of the problem...so yeah..i hate my car its not even a year old and has nothing but issues..imagine what it will be like in 4 years from now?..im thinking of selling it and buying something cheaper and better gas and less insurance
Old 01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
cathane

Default RE: parking break stuck yet again, car blows

Hey there,

I'll just repost what I said on an earlier message about this problem:

If you continue to have frozen e-brake problems, check out the following thread
https://mustangforums.com/m_837275/m.../tm.htm#853669
I had this problem myself, ends up that some (maybe all, not sure) 05's have a bad handbrake system compared to the 06's. The 05's had regular steel handbrake cables, the 06's have stainless steel cables, and the protective boot around the cable at the brake is prone to cracking and letting moisture in, resulting in the handbrake freezing solid without being frozen to the brake itself. The new handbrake system fixes this issue. If you give your dealership the information posted by angelica39 in this tread, they'll contact the Ford hotline and replace your handbrake system under warrenty. Haven't had a problem since they replaced it. Later

Cathane
Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i will wait and see what they say after they fix it...if there truly is a fix for it and they dont do it then i will raise hell and then show them that i know about it...we will see what they say then..this is why i hate dealers..they do whatever is cheapest and quickest to fix things..and then they wonder why they are all losing their jobs
Old 01-26-2006, 03:01 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ChristopherCamel

they do whatever is cheapest and quickest to fix things..and then they wonder why they are all losing their jobs
lol..sorry but that was pretty funny and true at the same time...i cant really help you on this man, but i wish you the best of luck on getting it fixed. I wonder why they even changed it.