Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

asking fellow 6ers there opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:26 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default RE: asking fellow 6ers there opinions

ORIGINAL: gabeh1018

ok i have a V6, which everyone is aware of... i even recently put the 4.0 emblems on my car so there is no confusion about what size engine is in the car.... but im sick and tired of going places and ppl being "nice car bro" is it a 6 or an 8. Of course my response is 6, then its followed by why didnt you get the GT. After about the 200th time i stopped responding, but for many of us... i am 21 yrs old and live in the NJ, which is the highest state for car insurance. So 5 g's a year is a hefty amount for me... i go to school fulltime and work fulltime, and i even paid for the car out of my own pocket..... its just insulting that you put your all your energy to getting this car and ppl are so quick to turn their shoulder...

just my 2 cents.. this just happened as i was walking into work.... which is why i thought i would write about it

good day
man same thing happens to me just about every day and i'm paying out of my own pocket as well and i'm only 16. As you can imagine i work all the time at 2 jobs... and i stlil get that bull**** >_<

anyway how much do you think they'd get a 16 year old for their first car being a BRAND spanking new 2 door "sporty" muscle car with a v8 in it? i think they'd just about rape me up the ***
Old 01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangdaddydc

YOU YOUNG MEN SHOULD BE PROUD TO DRIVE A STANG NO MATTER WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT HAS AND TELL THOSE PEOPLE AT LEAST I HAVE A STANG. ALL STANGS ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN AND DON'T FORGET THAT. YOU ARE DRIVING A AMERICAN CLASSIC. I WAS IN THE 10 GRADE IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. GOT MY FIRST STANG IN 1968 WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, IT COST BRAND NEW 1,900.00. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. STAY IN SCHOOL BOYS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY STANGS IN THE FUTURE.
Well Said!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gabeh1018

yea atleast we have a nice car as opposed to fart canned, riced out hondas, jettas, VW. .... its like a colony here in jersey.. everywhere you go your surrounded in rice.. its like im in a different world over here
Right on!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

I would just say hey the GT runs low 14's high 13's stock, V6 runs high 14's low 15's just didn't feel it was worth another $5,000.00 and higher ins for just a second or so faster car.
Very good point TJ.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:31 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I hate getting that question, but I live in NJ too so my answer is pretty simple: insurance & gas. Then the light shines in their eyes and they understand why it wouldn't really be practical for me to have the GT. I think that the V6's are just underrated...aren't they as fast as a lot of the older GTs (including the some more recent ones)? Sorry, I've never really had the chance to get into cars before, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

My last stang was a 93 5.0, HP was we are in the same class. TQ wise my 5.0 was a monster, but I finally surpassed it with the bottle. From what I can tell, in my area DC/VA, there are only two performance 05+ V6's, mine and Excepcion13's and modded these cares are nothing to laugh at. People ask me all the time, at the mustang club, car shows and at Excessive Motorsports where I take my car.

I just play it off, I'm usually like, yea, I got the lowly V6. Then I will ask, what are you running? They will often say one of two things, a late model GT (not an 05, pre 04) or a non-stang. Then I start rattling off my dyno numbers and thier eyes go wider and wider. Plus recently, thier eyes really go wide when they see the huge *** purple bottle in the trunk.

Whats really cool was the time my mechanic was tuning my girl, and this other customer that had one of the early SN95's was like, thats a 6. He was like yea, and she was like, well my car is faster. Chris was like, nope, sorry, not faster than this car. She was like yes it is, I have an 8 and he was like, I tuned your car, dyno'd it, trust me, this is a faster f*&king car. LOL.

I'm sure Scrming has some really cool stories to share on this one.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I hate getting that question, but I live in NJ too so my answer is pretty simple: insurance & gas. Then the light shines in their eyes and they understand why it wouldn't really be practical for me to have the GT. I think that the V6's are just underrated...aren't they as fast as a lot of the older GTs (including the some more recent ones)? Sorry, I've never really had the chance to get into cars before, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
Yes, we are in the same class as the GT on the fox platform all the way up to 1998, however, watch out for thier TQ cause that is where they can get the new 6. And, the new 6 stock 1/4 time is quite impressive when you compare it to the GT's over the past decade and a half. I've seen GT owners that fall in the range I mentioned and they get pissy sometimes about the new 6. Now, 1999 and after, you are talking 260 HP at the flywheel, but we can catch up to those too....at least stock.

Man I can't wait till Feb 3rd, when I get my Zex 100HP shot and a N20 tune from Chris at excessive. I will be posting numbers on that day. LOL>
Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Whats really cool was the time my mechanic was tuning my girl, and this other customer that had one of the early SN95's was like, thats a 6. He was like yea, and she was like, well my car is faster. Chris was like, nope, sorry, not faster than this car. She was like yes it is, I have an 8 and he was like, I tuned your car, dyno'd it, trust me, this is a faster f*&king car. LOL.
Just love that story! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-26-2006, 07:14 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

hamidlmt
Just love that story!
+1
Same here I heard it before but I enjoyed reading it again

Old 01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

I would just say hey the GT runs low 14's high 13's stock, V6 runs high 14's low 15's just didn't feel it was worth another $5,000.00 and higher ins for just a second or so faster car.

RedAlertlb

I never really thought of it that way
Responses from the above quote have been from memory, that V6 is that fast, come on your joking, I didn't think the V6 was that close to the GT etc.

Quick Reply: asking fellow 6ers there opinions