Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Body kit on 2005 V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:15 PM
millergt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT Body kit on 2005 V6 Mustang

Ha, sounds like some guys are still IN highschool.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

I read this forum slash arguement and laughed. I can see where people might be a bit irritated at the guys who deck their V6s out with obviously GT equipment and try to "fool" other people, but honestly, who cares that much anyway? Its not like all 750,000 GT owners in the US individually hand crafted the car on their own. Basically what i mean is i can understand taking pride in your car and in having a GT, but if you didnt build it anyway, why does it matter to anyone if the car is "mis-represented" with body styling?

You dont see the ROUSH owners pissin about GT guys slappin louvers on the windows and hood scoops and etc. do you? Im not taking anyone's side here, but Im just sayin that people shouldnt be upset or offended when someone tries to "copy" a car that is distributed world wide anyway.

Sorry if i offended anyone, but like i said......

will
Old 01-27-2006, 11:13 PM
danalor
1st Gear Member

Why do people keep saying owners of V6's who add duals or lights or fenders are trying to fool. Has it ever occured to thes accusers maybe they do it cause they like the look, it's not like they're sticking GT badges on. Now people who do that are trying to fool others into thinking they own a GT. I just bought some GT rockers to put on my V6, that doesn't mean I want people to think I own a GT, I just like the way they look.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:20 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

No fog lights, black plastic rocker panels and a single exhaust... I want people to know my car is a V6... hehehehe... nuff' said...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: millergt

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

ORIGINAL: millergt

Oviously you people are much less laid back then the 4.6 liter forum. I just read your grips on how people always ask why you did not get a gt. seriously why do you care. I'm laughing at how bent you all get by a simple comment of car body parts. If you think my comment was being an "***" you need to get out more. Anyway. I'm a Ford guy and am glad you all have fords so let it go already.
It is fairly laid back here most of the time, but then some troll shows up.
Seriously cool off. Read my original post. My point was to make Ford owners think twice before throwing all kinds of tags on their car like many of the civic owners do such as fake exhaust, supercharger symbols, NOS symbols and the like when they don't have them in their cars. It saddens my to see Mustangs all "riced out" as some people put it. By the way, in other 4.0 posts I've read your posts about people driving GTs are wasting their money for that one or two seconds in the quarter mile stuff is offensive to me but I didn't chime in and call you all asses for it. Grow up.
I think you make some good points, and you are definitely not here to bash so thank you . The V6 group here is a good group, I think some of the threads you read just got out of control from one particular GT owner stirring up the pot. If it's a stang, its a good investment, thats what I think.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

Ya know if you think about it, the number of GT's that are getting body kits, and all (leaving the high number of take-offs for us V6's) a V6 with GT takeoffs are not going to look like a 'new' GT anyway he he

And wouldn't the original '65-'67 crowd have dibs on calling all of us posers lol

*good... bad..., I'm the one with the supercharger* -Ash
Old 01-27-2006, 11:24 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

No fog lights, black plastic rocker panels and a single exhaust... I want people to know my car is a V6... hehehehe... nuff' said...
LOL, what about the other morning? Didn't you almost cross over to the dual exhaust crowd?

By the way, that new muffler you have is mean sounding and absolutely bad ***.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truxtun

Ya know if you think about it, the number of GT's that are getting body kits, and all (leaving the high number of take-offs for us V6's) a V6 with GT takeoffs are not going to look like a 'new' GT anyway he he

And wouldn't the original '65-'67 crowd have dibs on calling all of us posers lol

*good... bad..., I'm the one with the supercharger* -Ash
Actualy, I was at my mechanics shop today (Excessive) and the Saleen rep was there. He was pushing two things:

1. Saleen superchargers
2. GT take off bumpers, tires, etc.

He said they did all these conversions and need to get rid of the stuff. I got my running pony's and my 4.0 emblem on the back, actually looks really good. I will be taking pics of it along with my new legend spoiler tomorrow in the sun light.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Geeze you guys post fast. haha. i agree with "do what looks good". I have a 06 V6, pony package, 5% tint, window scoops, soon to be body kit, and i love how it looks. now im working on the performance aspect. I'm GONNA go with the dual exhaust, and im probably GONNA put a GT bumper on, if not a body kit one, and its GONNA look finominal and sound great and be boosted in HP!!! haha

and check my last post if u didnt read it.....it cracks me up..... anyway. Do what looks good.

will
Old 01-28-2006, 12:51 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

im pretty sure the pony grill will fit loose in the gt bumper

Quick Reply: GT Body kit on 2005 V6 Mustang