MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Anyone had a problem with their windows not going up? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/91455-anyone-had-a-problem-with-their-windows-not-going-up.html)

Badash 01-28-2006 10:05 AM

Anyone had a problem with their windows not going up?

On the mustang the windows go up automatically the 1 inch that they go down when you open and close the door. Well my passenger window doesnt go up on its own anymore. I have to make it go up with the drivers side controls.

gwDiesel 01-28-2006 11:52 AM

RE: Anyone had a problem with their windows not going up?

The first time I saw this feature at the dealer I was wondering if this would be a future repair issue...

Did you talk to the dealer about it?

Badash 01-28-2006 05:58 PM

just noticed it today... I am waiting for my new seat upholstry to come in and then i will take the new seats to the dealer and have them install it and fix the window. Should be next week.

scheetz83 01-28-2006 09:04 PM

try this i dont think it will help in this situation but you never know. sounds lik the switch is out

the other day while i was working. My job is basicly a whole lot of sitin so i bought a laptop with a dvd player and a DC to AV inverter. Any way i was watching a movie and the low voltage buzzer went off on my inverter so i fired up the car and charged it back up. then i got out and made my rounds throught the yard, when i got back to my car i saw the window was down a little bit. so i got in the car and started playing with the window i found that they would go down with the express but not up and also the windows would clunk really bad when they got to the top or bottom of the track. so i got the book out, and it say that if the battry voltage drops to much the self calibration setting for the windows get lost.

to fix it go out roll the window down then roll the window all the way up but continue to hold the switch after it gets to the top for 3 seconds then it should be calibrated once again!!

good luck hop this helps

tangtang 01-28-2006 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

try this i dont think it will help in this situation but you never know. sounds lik the switch is out

the other day while i was working. My job is basicly a whole lot of sitin so i bought a laptop with a dvd player and a DC to AV inverter. Any way i was watching a movie and the low voltage buzzer went off on my inverter so i fired up the car and charged it back up. then i got out and made my rounds throught the yard, when i got back to my car i saw the window was down a little bit. so i got in the car and started playing with the window i found that they would go down with the express but not up and also the windows would clunk really bad when they got to the top or bottom of the track. so i got the book out, and it say that if the battry voltage drops to much the self calibration setting for the windows get lost.

to fix it go out roll the window down then roll the window all the way up but continue to hold the switch after it gets to the top for 3 seconds then it should be calibrated once again!!

good luck hop this helps
If that shouldn't work try rolling the windows DOWN and holding the switch down for 5 seconds......thats anyway what the dealership/ mechanic told me they did to recalibrate mine.

Badash 01-29-2006 11:17 AM

When you mentioned low battery charge that really made me think this would fix it. Since I usually dont start my car on sundays and last weekend was especially cold.. when i went out monday morning my car gave me the ... uhhhh... ummmm....uhhh...ummm ... ok i will turn over and start.

I just went out ran the window all the way down and held for 5 seconds... ran it all the way up and held for 3 seconds.... got out.. opened passenger door and worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.

scheetz83 01-30-2006 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Badash

When you mentioned low battery charge that really made me think this would fix it. Since I usually dont start my car on sundays and last weekend was especially cold.. when i went out monday morning my car gave me the ... uhhhh... ummmm....uhhh...ummm ... ok i will turn over and start.

I just went out ran the window all the way down and held for 5 seconds... ran it all the way up and held for 3 seconds.... got out.. opened passenger door and worked like a champ. Thanks for the help.
happy to help out, us mustang guys got to stick together

hazestang 01-30-2006 11:16 PM

haven't had that problem, but I have had the opposite. go to the car to start it and the window doesn't go DOWN that inch to clear the rubber. Has happened a couple times. Have to wiggle the door a little. Gets kinda cold in upstate NY.

tangochan 03-06-2006 03:16 PM

Hi everyone,
newbie here, speaking of windows, I read in one of the literature that came along with the manual that you can open your windows using the remote. I tried this and it doesn't work. Was it a misprint? Thanks in advance.

Tango

V-6

afixer 03-06-2006 03:30 PM

its a feature that was removed on cars made after around feb of 05 and its part of the security featue if you have it. under the global feature. it works fine on my car but after the newness wore off i dont use it much anymore.