Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???

ORIGINAL: scrming

hey jimp... I had the same Magaflow as you... I can honestly say this MRT/Aero-Turbine blows that Magnflow out of the water! Better performance, better sound and cheaper! LOL!

Now if you do want to go to duals then I'm not sure... Don't know how the MRT would work as a dual on our car..... I was ready to move to the duals in order to get a better sound... but now I don't need to... and now I can spend money $$$ on my next secret project! LOL!
Well, he wants duals so that's why i said the Magnaflows. If he'd have asked about the best single i would have referred him to your thread.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: scrming

hey jimp... I had the same Magaflow as you... I can honestly say this MRT/Aero-Turbine blows that Magnflow out of the water! Better performance, better sound and cheaper! LOL!

Now if you do want to go to duals then I'm not sure... Don't know how the MRT would work as a dual on our car..... I was ready to move to the duals in order to get a better sound... but now I don't need to... and now I can spend money $$$ on my next secret project! LOL!
Well, he wants duals so that's why i said the Magnaflows. If he'd have asked about the best single i would have referred him to your thread.

MRT has a "GT kit"... Both left and right mufflers... $449... just pick up the mid-pipe from your local Ford dealer (or have one made) and then get an x, h or y-pipe.. And there you have it.... A dual setup! LOL!

http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/mrtaxleback.php
Old 01-31-2006, 11:12 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I've been very happy with my dual Magnaflows. They did take a little while to break in, but they sound great! I think it is hard to get a true sound clip of any of the systems on here. My girl lives across the street from me and she tells me that she always wakes up to the rumble of my car in the morning and smiles. :-)
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like most prefer the Magnaflows. I just want a quality sound, none of that "well he tried" kind of stuff.

Anyone know about the Flowmasters?

will
Old 01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

cant go wrong with my flowmasters
Old 02-16-2006, 11:23 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

sorry to bump an old thread, but hamidlmt's sound is exactly what I wanted for my car! My jaw dropped the second that I watched it. I'm pretty new at this so bear with me, but would I have to get my car tuned to run these? I haven't done any performance mods yet at all. (I just got my car under a month ago and I definitely feel the car-modding twitch - something you don't get driving a k-car running on 3 cylinders [&:]) I was thinking about getting a tune, but I was saving that for last. Right now I'm almost done getting my stylings done.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

No tunes are necessary for just adding exhaust.
But they do help! lol

will
Old 02-16-2006, 11:43 PM
troystoy
1st Gear Member

Just installed my new magnaflow system a week ago. Best looking system I seen. I was surprised when we opened the box because they redesigned the system. They no longer have that big stock looking mufflers that you can see underneath the car. They now have a straight polished (open straight through) muffler with big polished tips with magnaflow engraved in them. The performance shop that helped me install them said it were the best sounding exhaust he's heard! He could'nt believe a v6 could sound like that. Personally I would also stick with the y-pipe, it is borderline obnixiously loud for my wife and kids.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: chidrock

sorry to bump an old thread, but hamidlmt's sound is exactly what I wanted for my car! My jaw dropped the second that I watched it. I'm pretty new at this so bear with me, but would I have to get my car tuned to run these? I haven't done any performance mods yet at all. (I just got my car under a month ago and I definitely feel the car-modding twitch - something you don't get driving a k-car running on 3 cylinders [&:]) I was thinking about getting a tune, but I was saving that for last. Right now I'm almost done getting my stylings done.
As already said... no tunes needed for an exhaust mod. Remember... I've got jba headers too. That really kicks up the exhaust a notch!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Put it this way, I heard your exhaust and had a flashback of that movie Bullitt. I don't know if it's the angle of the camera, but the JBA just seems to have less of that can tone to it. Could it just be the camera angle? I just want to get something with a powerful sound that doesn't have that drone-like tone to it. Is that what they mean when they say it's raspy? I like how there's no popping too...

Quick Reply: DOWN TO IT!!! MAGNAFLOW OR JBA???