Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ProCharger Stage II vs PowerHouse Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default ProCharger Stage II vs PowerHouse Turbo

I've narrowed down my choice to one or the other. I'll be ordering some time next week. Right now, I'm starting to lean towards the ProCharger simply because I found a place I can get the 100% complete kit with charger, intercooler, injectors, tuner and mounting hardware for $3800 shipped. The turbo would cost me $4800 plus shipping, and is not even in stock until March.

Anyways, my main question with the ProCharger regards pulleys. I can have it ship with either the 9psi or 11psi pulley. What would the 11psi pulley require? Could I run that much boost with pump gas? ...or is it like the PowerHouse setup, where Mike recommends running race gas?

Also, I plan on keeping the 3.31s and going with an LSD (probably Auburn). Any other suggestions? Different fuel pump... etc?

Old 02-02-2006, 11:25 AM
JMAL

Default RE: ProCharger Stage II vs PowerHouse Turbo

what website did u find this on?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Sorry... I should've mentioned earlier that the person giving me the price asked I not post the information. It was quite a bit of work to get him down to that price, and it had to do with my large number of orders in the past, along with a military discount.

I'll probably be talking to him again today, and I'll ask about the possibility of a group buy.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

What is Procharger's answers to those questions?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

The funny thing is, if you look at ProCharger's site, the information is out of date. They don't even talk about this kit... the best they have on their site is a 9psi kit with a 2-core intercooler. This kit comes with a 3-core intercooler.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't touch the procharger, read this:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....&hl=procharger
Old 02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

This is the guy who has it:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showuser=4048

He's quite objective. Also, check out the new Vortech:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=43980

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

rygenstormlocke:

Thanks for the advice. I've read that thread before. I only considered the ProCharger knowing full and well that their customer service is lacking. I will not be using their tune, and am well-aware that for best results, I'll be taking my car to get dyno-tuned anyways.

The place I'm ordering from ships out 39lb injectors and NGK spark V-power plugs. The SC, 3-core intercooler and associated hardware/piping ships out from ProCharger in anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

I don't think anyone should be scared away from the ProCharger. Any time you force induct a car, you need to be prepared for software glitches. Every year, cars get more and more sensitive computer-wise. As far as ProCharger is concerned, I'm mostly looking at the hardware itself, which is quite solid. I know they've had issues in the past with their customer service, which is why I'm not using their tune.

Another thing you have to take into consideration with Belial's story... he has an automatic. Talk to any tuner, and you'll find the automatic tune is exponentially harder to nail than the manual tune. I'm not really worried.

If you haven't already figured it out, I placed my order. Wish me luck!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

rygenstormlocke:

Thanks for the advice. I've read that thread before. I only considered the ProCharger knowing full and well that their customer service is lacking. I will not be using their tune, and am well-aware that for best results, I'll be taking my car to get dyno-tuned anyways.

The place I'm ordering from ships out 39lb injectors and NGK spark V-power plugs. The SC, 3-core intercooler and associated hardware/piping ships out from ProCharger in anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

I don't think anyone should be scared away from the ProCharger. Any time you force induct a car, you need to be prepared for software glitches. Every year, cars get more and more sensitive computer-wise. As far as ProCharger is concerned, I'm mostly looking at the hardware itself, which is quite solid. I know they've had issues in the past with their customer service, which is why I'm not using their tune.

Another thing you have to take into consideration with Belial's story... he has an automatic. Talk to any tuner, and you'll find the automatic tune is exponentially harder to nail than the manual tune. I'm not really worried.

If you haven't already figured it out, I placed my order. Wish me luck!
Cool!!!! Sorry, just wanted to give everyone some facts. For me, its Powerhouse Mike's turbo after I get bored with the Zex. Keep us posted, sounds like you got everything covered. You are gonna have one mean 6 for sure.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, choosing between Mike's TC and the ProCharger was one of the hardest things I've had to do. It all came down to price and availability. His kit is $4800, and that doesn't even include shipping.

I'll loose a little power and mpg to the SC, but for the price, I feel it was worth it.