Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much did you pay to put in gears & LSD/locker

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 06:25 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Default How much did you pay to put in gears & LSD/locker

hey gang, just trying to get a total cost of this mod by seeing how much total it cost for those of you that have put in new gears and an LSD/locker. Need to know how much I need to save up to do this next mod. Also is there any LSD to stay away from? I've read lots of posts that some of you are very happy with your set-ups, but are there ones to avoid? THANKS!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How much did you pay to put in gears & LSD/locker

ORIGINAL: vistapony

hey gang, just trying to get a total cost of this mod by seeing how much total it cost for those of you that have put in new gears and an LSD/locker. Need to know how much I need to save up to do this next mod. Also is there any LSD to stay away from? I've read lots of posts that some of you are very happy with your set-ups, but are there ones to avoid? THANKS!
It cost me around $300 for the labor. I have the TT, 3.73s, girdle, panhard bar relocation brackets, etc. With labor and parts it cost me around $1200. It would be much cheaper with a T-Lok and no girdle, of course. My setup was very expensive but I have the peace of mind that it won't break. I plan on hitting the juice hard this year.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How much did you pay to put in gears & LSD/locker

I paid $844.08, including tax for my Auburn and 3.73's installed. This also included an hour of dyno time to recalibrate the speedo (which was probably lost after I installed Doug's new tunes! LOL!)