Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L XCal 2 from Doug at bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Endemo123

Default C&L XCal 2 from Doug at bamachips

Hello Guys, i first bouight the AEM/Predator combo from RPMoutlet and i was dissapointed because the performance increase was not really noiticeable and the shiftingbehavior was REALLY odd. I sold my Predator and ordered a SCT from Doug. It arrived yesterday and the tunes REALLY rock!!! Even without my AEM, wich i hopefully can sell soon, the car goes so much better than before. The 93 octane torque tune really pulls! The performancetune also rocks but i am less of a high rpm driver.
Once i am able to sell the AEM i will most likely get a C&L.

I really should have payed the few bucks more for the C&L/SCT combo from doug in the first place. Now it got even more expensive for me.

Big compliment to Doug at Bamachips

Endemo

PS: I live in Germany/Europe so if theres anyone in Europe that wants a nice and shiny AEM/CAI, i sell it for 250 € plus shipping.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: C&L XCal 2 from Doug at bamachips

ORIGINAL: Endemo123

Hello Guys, i first bouight the AEM/Predator combo from RPMoutlet and i was dissapointed because the performance increase was not really noiticeable and the shiftingbehavior was REALLY odd. I sold my Predator and ordered a SCT from Doug. It arrived yesterday and the tunes REALLY rock!!! Even without my AEM, wich i hopefully can sell soon, the car goes so much better than before. The 93 octane torque tune really pulls! The performancetune also rocks but i am less of a high rpm driver.
Once i am able to sell the AEM i will most likely get a C&L.

I really should have payed the few bucks more for the C&L/SCT combo from doug in the first place. Now it got even more expensive for me.

Big compliment to Doug at Bamachips

Endemo

PS: I live in Germany/Europe so if theres anyone in Europe that wants a nice and shiny AEM/CAI, i sell it for 250 € plus shipping.
Welcome to my world! LOL! Threw my MMR CAI out for the C&L... big improvement even though the MMR was quite a bit more expensive... I had to go through 2 other mufflers before I found the right one... Same with tires... LOL

Old 02-07-2006, 08:49 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

I'm glad Doug did a good job for you. I guess I am fortunate to have Doug here so close to me. Have you seen pics of his car? I saw him at the dyno 2 weekends ago tuning his own car.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Endemo123

No, i didnt see pics of his car. Have you got a link? Would love to see it.

Endemo
Old 02-07-2006, 02:25 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

As a side note, Doug was going to recalibrate his C&L tune because the mixture was a little off. Has anyone got the updated tune, and if so what's the result?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Doug had to recalibrate for the autos. He sent me the updated .xtr files... wow! What a difference! Of course, he also made adjustments for my new gears.

I'm currently running the 92 octane performance tune... I'll try out the torque tune soon.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:57 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the update. I'm waiting for Doug to reship my tuner (I should have had him e-mail the update). It's good to see he's so busy though. It's the rave reviews from guys like you.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Another rave for Doug here.. I had the AEM previously as well, and was a little disgruntled that switching over to the C&L seemed the sensible thing to do along with getting tunes. The HUGE difference in the car once the C&L was installed and Doug's 93 Torque tune loaded erased any doubts though
Old 02-07-2006, 04:17 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I'm in the process of ordering an Xcal2 from Doug. Seriously, I wonder how his business would be if it weren't for communities like us.

He quoted me for $399.00, although I hear there's a discount for TMS members. I am a TMS member, but perhaps he missed that and just copy and pasted his general quote (had some extraneous information).

How much is it for his xcal2/C&L kit? $500?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

$500? The Xcal2 is $399 and the C&L lists at $299. Doug is a great guy, but not running a charity organization for needy V6's

I believe the combo goes for $650

Quick Reply: C&L XCal 2 from Doug at bamachips