Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone have problems with trim pieces?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Red Knight
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone have problems with trim pieces?

I bought my 05 V-6 convertible a few moths ago and love the car. However, I have noticed that the trim under the rear seat is loose. I asked the dealer to fix this when I brought the car in for an oil change. Well, I get the car back an immediately notice that all they did was add some black goop in an attempt to get the trim to hold, which of course it didn't. I realize I should bring the car back to the dealer to fix it properly, but I have to wonder what else they will screw up if I bring it in again, not to mention the time lost.

So, does anyone know how to get the trim to stay in place? The trim piece is directly under the rear seat and has a plastic bolt that is not secured properly and probably stripped.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have problems with trim pieces?

I noticed under my driver seat, the interior of the front driver seat under the seat, its a little loose ( flappy) but I didn't think nothing off it. Don't bug me none really. That gloop ish sound like a half ase job.

You ever think what if I bought a Ferrari or a Lambo or a Porsha!!! Would the dealer ship for thoses places half ase it too!!! Some times I drop my car off to get an oil change pick it up and theres oil all over the side/floor panal (were it says mustang) Thats crazy to me!! Blows my mind!! We have Mustangs not Focuses and even if I dont want my Focus dirty eather.

Would a Bentley dealer get oil on my car? Would a Porsh, Lambo, and Ferrari dealer treat me the same even though I bought a $100,000 car? I think they would. It dont matter if you have a Shelby GT or a Ferrari F50 or a Focus, there gunna get oil on it
Old 02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red Knight

I bought my 05 V-6 convertible a few moths ago and love the car. However, I have noticed that the trim under the rear seat is loose. I asked the dealer to fix this when I brought the car in for an oil change. Well, I get the car back an immediately notice that all they did was add some black goop in an attempt to get the trim to hold, which of course it didn't. I realize I should bring the car back to the dealer to fix it properly, but I have to wonder what else they will screw up if I bring it in again, not to mention the time lost.

So, does anyone know how to get the trim to stay in place? The trim piece is directly under the rear seat and has a plastic bolt that is not secured properly and probably stripped.
I've got an 06 pony package and i've noticed the same thing. its under the rear passenger seat of mine. that stupid plastic bolt doesnt do anything, but its not really a big deal. That plastic is just convering more of that carpet flooring, so its not like its supposed to seal anything off. i dont think it will make a difference. u might try putting a little glue on the bolt itself and see if that holds it in the hole.

will
Old 02-09-2006, 02:20 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

The trim on both driver and passenger doors pop loose every once in a while. I just slam on it to get it back in.. but recently a popped loose and I didn't know, so when I reached into the backseat to throw my backpack back there, my hand clipped the trim cutting me at my 2nd knuckle! [:@] It was a deep cut, bled all over my left hand and didn't even notice it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:00 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

frikin bummer man... made you wanna slap someone at the ford plant huh?
that sucks. i hate cheap materials. im thinkin some super glue should take care of that problem.

will