Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Latest Spy Cam on Scrmings V6 Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Latest Spy Cam on Scrmings V6 Stang!

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: Hambone

LOL! This is too funy, Rygen. You scooped Scrming, pun intended

Man, it looks sharp! I see they swapped out his front Smiley plate, too..hehe.
The MRT license plate is his secret weapon. According to Scott, its some sort of fiber carbon license plate good for 10 RWHP.
He'll try ANYTHING to catch you, won't he? [sm=devilgrin.gif]
Old 02-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

wow, it looks really good... wonder if hes gonna pee his pants when he sees the thread, lololololol

your very sneaky...
Old 02-10-2006, 08:46 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

thats the best looking scoop iv seen thus far, but i still dont like scoops on the oh 5's
Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

THAT looks AWESOME...

Remindes me of the scoops they used to put on the 69 Torinos GT's
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

THAT looks AWESOME...

Remindes me of the scoops they used to put on the 69 Torinos GT's
I believe Scott said it is a replica of the 69 Boss 429 scoop... Now... to figure out who leaked those pics!!! LOL!

Right now as my camera is working over time at the Dow Corning Tennis Classic... but i'll try and get some nicer pics and write up asap...

BTW this is how the scoop is listed on MRT's website:

"Add nostalgic charm to your 2005 Mustang GT! The Interceptor hood scoop is not for the shy and timid - if you've got what it takes, this scoop is for you! Available primed and ready to paint. (Coming soon: a functional ram air induction system!)"

I have to agree.. there is nothing TIMID about this bad boy.... I wonder what goes through peoples minds when they see that thing in the rear view mirror!! LOL!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:57 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Black headlight covers... what do you think?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:49 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Ok pictures were taking with a Casio EX Z3 on 2/4/06 at 12:35 and Scrming owns a Canon 20D so I can't put Scrming on it there but the Casio could be his every day carry.

Scrming computer must be down.

Scrming it looks good!! putting the stripe on top of the scoop makes it! big difference vs no stripe.

The Canon has been getting quite a workout at the Dow Corning Tennis Classic this week... and this coming weekend... which is why I haven't been around much! LOL! I'll be busy for a while with all the post-processing... i'll have hundreds of pics... LOL

Old 02-11-2006, 01:50 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

The Canon has been getting quite a workout at the Dow Corning Tennis Classic this week... and this coming weekend... which is why I haven't been around much! LOL! I'll be busy for a while with all the post-processing... i'll have hundreds of pics... LOL

Yep PP LOL! but it is rewarding.

It’s a hobby for me, PS6 here nice software and my favorite tools in PS are curves and the unmask sharpen tool. I started using digital camera’s in 99 Nikon 950 was my first went through several since then some on the Canon side though the years were the Canon S30, G5, Rebel 300D. I went from the Canon Rebel 300D to what I have now a Nikon D70 and some Nikon glass. I upgraded from the 300D to the Nikon D70 I am very happy with the D70 (& Canon S400) but I do miss the Canon glass line up (more affordable) and the silky smooth pics using ISO 100 in low light from that sensor. I know the 20D was the upgrade from the 10D and I believe what I read awhile ago (DPR) it is an excellent camera.

Very nice shot!! pic looks like you shot it from 70mm if my software is correct.

Have fun out there taking pics and give that nice camera a work out.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:36 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

It’s a hobby for me, PS6 here nice software and my favorite tools in PS are curves and the unmask sharpen tool. I started using digital camera’s in 99 Nikon 950 was my first went through several since then some on the Canon side though the years were the Canon S30, G5, Rebel 300D. I went from the Canon Rebel 300D to what I have now a Nikon D70 and some Nikon glass. I upgraded from the 300D to the Nikon D70 I am very happy with the D70 (& Canon S400) but I do miss the Canon glass line up (more affordable) and the silky smooth pics using ISO 100 in low light from that sensor. I know the 20D was the upgrade from the 10D and I believe what I read awhile ago (DPR) it is an excellent camera.

Very nice shot!! pic looks like you shot it from 70mm if my software is correct.

Yes, the noise levels on the Canon are amazing... I do indoor sports where flashes are not allow... the Tennis center is to bad... but I'm normally shooting at ISO 3200! LOL! This pics is at ISO1600 (and I think 1/400 sec)... It will clean up nicely in Neat Image...

I've had pretty good luck with Sigma EX lens... My favorite is the 120-300 f2.8... fast and amazingly sharp for non-prime lens... it's just really heavy! LOL!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

quote:

quote:

Yes, the noise levels on the Canon are amazing... I do indoor sports where flashes are not allow... the Tennis center is to bad... but I'm normally shooting at ISO 3200! LOL! This pics is at ISO1600 (and I think 1/400 sec)... It will clean up nicely in Neat Image...

I've had pretty good luck with Sigma EX lens... My favorite is the 120-300 f2.8... fast and amazingly sharp for non-prime lens... it's just really heavy! LOL!
I read my quote words didn't come out the way I meant, I miss the Canon ISO 100 in general and I really took some nice shots with the Canon 300D in ISO 100 or ISO 200 indoor incand lighting w/flash that were noise les i.e. silky smooth. But yes low light in general without flash the Canon CD sensor produces amazing noise less pic’s in the higher ISO’s but yea at 3200 might need a little neat image.

Wow you have an f 2.8 nice clean fast lens for indoor shooting! That sounds like a nice lens with a good range 120-300mm and the F2.8 excellant. I don’t have much experience with Sigma’s but talking about Sigma’s the other Sigma if you needed a far reaching zoom with decent results per cost I have read about quite offten when I owned my 300 was as they called it the (Sigma) nick named the Bigma 50-500mm but at F4-6 need some light.

I had w/ the 300D the kit lens, the Canon 28 –135mm w/IS also the Canon glass I liked at the time was the F4 L Glass 70-200mm at only $600.00 which is very cheap for L glass and a excellent lens from the pic’s I seen for the price not a fast lens but high quality pics , the other I liked for the price was the Canon 70-300mm w/IS both of these were on my to buy list along with a 50mm prime but ended up going with the Nikon D70.

Happy Shooting