Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TURBO AND INTAKES

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
06_MUSTANG

Default TURBO AND INTAKES

I'm new to modding and want to get started with my '06 mustang I don't know what would go best in my car to get top performance so if you know anything that can help get started let me know, thanks!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:43 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TURBO AND INTAKES

umm, looks like you are looking at a really broad range to mod with....because this is a really general question (especially with the title)

the easiest upgrade will be the AFE intake, easy 12hp (only one with a good gain without a retune)
if you want to get a really good intake set-up, you will want to look at the C&L intake with the xcal2 retune, this is said to give 26ish hp
another easy upgrade is just the xcal2 with a good tune, check alternative auto performance
another intake-ish upgrade would be the mmr throttle body spacer, says it will give 8hp, probbaly more around 4
the dual exhausts don't really do much more than give your car a good look and 2hp, but i hear that a good axle back will give you 12hp, which is also a pretty easy upgrade
headers are another upgrade that is useful...not sure how much power to expect
i personally think that one of the best upgrades is gears and lok, they will not give you power, but they will give you more access to your power (if you are confused you can look at some older posts)

now i see that you put "turbo" in the title, so if you are looking for that much power, powerhouse makes a single intercooled turbo, and if you go to many local shops they will make one for you (nobody here has truboed their car here yet)
another forced induction method would be the supercharger, there are a few options with that too
both of those should give you a lot of power

another, way is to shoot nitrous through the car, there are a couple people with this set up here (i have one myself but have not set it up yet) this will give you a good amount of power (obviously lol)

a lot of GTers use pullys in their cars to get a good gain, but they do not give much to our cars, so no need to waste money with those for now
Old 02-09-2006, 11:45 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06_MUSTANG

I'm new to modding and want to get started with my '06 mustang I don't know what would go best in my car to get top performance so if you know anything that can help get started let me know, thanks!
These two sites should help:

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm
http://www.rygen.net/stang

And do a search on the threads. Start with a CAI, tuner and exhaust and work from there. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:02 AM
06_MUSTANG

Thanks alot that will get me off to a good start you got anything else for me just let me know!
Old 02-11-2006, 12:38 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Keep in mind... if you really want to turbo/supercharge, you might want to hold off on the intake.

Very shortly, once I install my supercharger, I'll have my K&N intake up for sale.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:14 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Keep in mind... if you really want to turbo/supercharge, you might want to hold off on the intake.

Very shortly, once I install my supercharger, I'll have my K&N intake up for sale.
Yea, and if you go SC/TC route, you may want to stick with stock gearing...I wouldn't go above 3.73. And get a LSD.