Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

misfire + nitrous ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:48 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default misfire + nitrous ?

so as some of you may have seen, i was driving decently fast one day and my dash started flashing the CEL, and people have generally agreed that this was because at those speeds my car started to misfire

i know that misfires and nitrous can cause some major problems so i was wondering what i could do before i set up my nitrous to control this misfire problem

thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: misfire + nitrous ?

ORIGINAL: chrisc

so as some of you may have seen, i was driving decently fast one day and my dash started flashing the CEL, and people have generally agreed that this was because at those speeds my car started to misfire

i know that misfires and nitrous can cause some major problems so i was wondering what i could do before i set up my nitrous to control this misfire problem

thanks
Why is your car misfiring? I haven't checked into a flashing CEL... on the Porsche a FLASHING CEL was very very bad... Have you pulled the codes? (if there are any..)
Old 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i have not pulled codes because i dont have a tuner, the CEL was only flashing for only about 2 seconds and only when i was going at about 100-110mph

the only upgrade i have done to my car has been an AFE intake, do you think that the high speeds combined with out the tuned AFE intake could have done this?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

i have not pulled codes because i dont have a tuner, the CEL was only flashing for only about 2 seconds and only when i was going at about 100-110mph

the only upgrade i have done to my car has been an AFE intake, do you think that the high speeds combined with out the tuned AFE intake could have done this?
I'm guessing it's teh AFE at WOT... not so much to so with speed... has more to do with RPMs and Throttle position... any sign of detontation?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

I'm guessing it's teh AFE at WOT... not so much to so with speed... has more to do with RPMs and Throttle position... any sign of detontation?
what would be some signs?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:44 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

thanks
I never had the AFE trip the cel, where you using the nitrous? And if so, what shot were you running? Do you leave it on all the time?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

what would be some signs?
You will hear knocking under the hood, like something hitting metal...like a metal knock. Did you hear anything like that?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 PM
slejda

My Guess Is That You Started To Float The Valves! Did You Catch The RPM When The CEL Started Flashing.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 PM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

Rev limiter......