Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need help with my C&L!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:35 AM
toneloc

Default need help with my C&L!

Hi, im new here, but i just installed my C&L intake with a custom tune from C&L. I have a diablosport and At idle, the car sounds fine and it rides fine also. But, the check engine light has come on and I don't know why. I have a 93 tune on it, could the problem be that I have 91 octane in my tank?
Old 02-11-2006, 03:50 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: need help with my C&L!

you loaded the C&L tune into the diagnostics of the car right?
If you didnt do that, then the check engine light is on because the oxygen sensors are thrown off by the increase in oxygen that the intake provides.
If you did load that tune as well, then I would wait until you burn that tank of 91 octane and then fill up with 93. If the light is still on.... then I do not know what the problem is and you probably need to see someone who could tell you.

will
Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Another happy customer at Diablo....[&:]
Old 02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toneloc

Hi, im new here, but i just installed my C&L intake with a custom tune from C&L. I have a diablosport and At idle, the car sounds fine and it rides fine also. But, the check engine light has come on and I don't know why. I have a 93 tune on it, could the problem be that I have 91 octane in my tank?
You just answered your own question. The 93 changes the timing on your car for 93 gas. I used to have the diablo, and switched to XCAL2 for two reasons, one is because the diablo can do anything for my shift points (I'm an auto) and two there was no one in my area that did custom tunes with it.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the new hardware, sorry about the problem. It's actually pretty common to have an issue or two (regardless of Diablo vs. SCT), so hang in there!

Here are some things I'd check, and in this order:

First, double/triple check that you have the connections hooked up correctly/fully to the C&L intake. Make sure the MAF connection is plugged in all the way, that the PCV connection is secure, etc. Then, use the Diablo to figure out what error code is being generated. It might help you figure out the problem.

Second, have you visited the C&L site and/or the Diablo site? If I remember correctly, you have pay very close attention to the tune and model of Diablo tuner you get---seems like a purchase directly from C&L gets you something different than a purchase from another vendor. So, do you homework and make sure you know what you have! Then, I'd see if any new tunes are available for download....but be careful to get the right tune for the right tuner!

Third, I'd call the vendor or C&L and ask them for help.

Good luck! Hope you get it going....I've "been there, done that" when I got my CAI and crappy tunes from JMS. Once I got new tunes from Alternative Auto and the C&L, it has been flawless!!

Our cars are smart (probably smarter than we are ) If it's throwing a check engine light, there's a reason, and it needs to be fixed!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:09 AM
toneloc

so, i have been talking to a C&L guy (Lee) for a while, he told me that the difference between 91 and 93 octane would not throw the light on and the intake was installed properly, so we tried a couple of things to adjust reset the tune and nothing worked. he was getting ready to make me another custom tune and then something weird happened today. i washed my car at work, and when i left i noticed that the engine light turned off,so i drove it really hard to see what it would do, and it never came back on. how crazy is that!, does anyone have an explanation? does the intake just need time to break in?i dont know, but i will see how the car acts tomorrow?