Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HOWDIE~!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:26 AM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

Default HOWDIE~!!!

so it is 12:25 am in jersey and were getting a huge snow storm / blizzard if you havent seen the weather reports by now... so i decided like an idiot to see a movie at 10 PM and i got out at 11:45 and driving this car in like 6 inches of snow is incredibly frustrating ahaha..... i had to basically lightly tap the gas in order to avoid spinning to the left or right each time... i really need to install a LSD fast..... i mean it would help a little wouldnt it ?!?!?!?

Old 02-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HOWDIE~!!!

lol, not smart to drive a wheel drive car in the snow none the less 6 inches. Lol yes you do need to get an LSD. I'm in VA and we're only gettn a couple inches i think it should stop at about 5 inches. only takes 1 inch and ice to get us out of school.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

i dont know bout u guys but i handle hte rear wheel drive pretty good in the snow... i used my parents front wheel drive sentra 1 time and almost went thru a fence cuase of it...

the mustang tho... not 2 get cocky or anything but i can handle any fish tails and stuff pretty well and plus it being a stick is better... just my thoughts...
Old 02-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Don't get me wrong, i love sticks. My first car was an 93 manuel Maxima SE, then that died and i got a 2000 Impala LS. about a week into te Impala i started to get bored and still am. My right arm is lonley [:@]. Ahhh now for the teaser, I test drove a V6 stang about 2 weeks ago and can't think of anything else. I'm savn up right now and hopefully will be the proud owner of a stang before school is out.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:45 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I learned to drive in the snow in my '68 coupe. Just put some concrete cylinders in the trunk and with studded tires she was one of the best cars I've ever driven in winter conditions. Handled ice great too...

however, the '05 will probably never see snow... just sayin, if you're careful and you prepare a bit, a rear wheel drive car can be very stable in the snow.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:50 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

whats an LSD
Old 02-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Limited Slip Differential

Click Me To Find Out What It Is
Old 02-12-2006, 04:20 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 11:21 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i need one too... we got a snow storm here in northern Maryland and i was driving home after work at about 8:30 in probably around 3 or 4 inches... with my LOWERED mustang... boy-oh was that fun. I thought i was going to die a couple times. i need an LSD too

oh btw... my TCS kicked in for the first time- all it does it shoot your RPM's down when the wheel slips. a little disapointed with you ford.... [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man Im glad I live in Arizona. The only down side is the Mexicans/wetbacks ( no disrespect I have a buddy thats mexican and I have a kid that is half mexican mostlikly) that FREAKIN travle over here everyday cause of stupid Bill Clinton. My iner town is starting to look like trash. Pisses me off. You go ride through it every morning and you'll see hundreds of illegal's stand outside on corners waiting for work. Most are illegal. They work here, don't file for taxes and get benifits & help from the state with food stamps and stuff like, use fake social security. That screws people like us all up. Man it really gets to me, my home town is going to look like a neighboor hood from American Me or something out of LA. Well the upside is there's no ice,snow,hail,tornado's, hurracaines,volcanos, and earthqakes. I would haft to get underneath after every drive to get all the salt from the roads off the undercarrige so the thing don't rust in 10 20 years if I drove in the snow. Thats the only reason I wouldn't live in the snow, your car is like garuanteed to be rusted after a while unless it does not see snow at all.

Quick Reply: HOWDIE~!!!