Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

emblem or no emblem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Default emblem or no emblem...

I was thinking of either leaving it empty or getting one of these two V6 emblems for my front qtr panel on my black vert. Any opinions? I was originally going to get the running pony emblem, but I'm replacing my Ford wheel cap spinners with the Running Pony Chrome Ring caps.

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/Emblems.htm
Old 02-15-2006, 12:48 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: emblem or no emblem...

Im kinda parcial to the running pony emblems (came with my car... pony package), but if I were gonna get one of those 2 emblems from that site i would get the one that looks just like this "V6". the one with the 6 on top of the V is too 1990's IMHO. The V6 looks a bit more "solid" to me. But its up to you man.

will
Old 02-15-2006, 12:50 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, it's totally up to you. I like the one in the right with the V over the 6. I think that emblem might come on Ford Escapes if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I think that I like the Running Pony the most, but like I said, I'm getting the wheel ring caps, so that would be a little overkill, right? They're actually supposed to be at my house today. I wasn't that big on the spinners, but if I don't like the wheel caps I'll return them and get the running pony emblems. Having both might be too much...
Old 02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I went with the 4.0 emblems from the same site. I was <-this-> close to getting the V6 emblems, but went with the 4.0's.

Didn't want to put anymore ponies on the car as my father thinks they're feminine. [&:]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I think that I like the Running Pony the most, but like I said, I'm getting the wheel ring caps, so that would be a little overkill, right? They're actually supposed to be at my house today. I wasn't that big on the spinners, but if I don't like the wheel caps I'll return them and get the running pony emblems. Having both might be too much...
I have the pony on the side of the car, as well as on all of the center caps of the tires (thats how it came). You dont really notice the ones on the wheels, cuz my car is black i guess. I would go with the same thing that Spartan did. I like the 4.0 emblems best out of the suggestions. If the ponies weren't already on mine I would get the 4.0 ones. Check around the forum. Lots of people have them. They look good.

will
Old 02-15-2006, 02:33 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I wasn't sure whether or not the pony package came with the pony wheel caps or the Ford ones. Hearing that makes it sound like it'll be okay. I don't think the Mustang makes them look more feminine or anything...it's a part of the heritage, so I like having them on the car. I would've gotten the pony package in the first place, but I didn't really want the Pony package grill and fog lights, plus I took a deal on what was available. (still thinking about putting in sway bars though)
Old 02-15-2006, 02:37 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I wasn't sure whether or not the pony package came with the pony wheel caps or the Ford ones. Hearing that makes it sound like it'll be okay. I don't think the Mustang makes them look more feminine or anything...it's a part of the heritage, so I like having them on the car. I would've gotten the pony package in the first place, but I didn't really want the Pony package grill and fog lights, plus I took a deal on what was available. (still thinking about putting in sway bars though)
yeah i dont blame you for taking the deal. The ponies look good. and yeah, the pony package includes the pony wheels caps and fender emblems, so if Ford does it then it cant be completely ridiculous.... can it?

will
Old 02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i like my "4.0"'s!