Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my car back from the dyno..

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:29 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default Got my car back from the dyno..

Well got my car back from Arizona Dyno Chip (www.arizonadynochip.com) I haft to say its running really well. It's hard to explain but it just feels tuned now lol. I had it dyno tuned with the SCT and I haft to say Im really happy with the numbers they worked up. Im trying to get a hold of my old man cause he has a scanner so I can give you guys can see the proof cause I know this thread is pointless with out it but I need to tell somebody!! lol oh and it was dyno'd SAE. The final #'s are 213rwhp & 242rwtq!!! SAE. My car was at 202hp and 232TQ before the tune with a MMR intake and a true dual x pipe JBA muffler set up. I was only expecting 202 at the rear wheel. So im happy with that. Keath (owner) said thats pretty good for a 6 considering the stock 98 GT's put out 215 at the wheel stock so..

I actually sat down with Keath (owner) and he sat me down and expalined how ever thing worked on paper. Really cool guy. We also talked about gears and I found out mathmaticly that I would be shifting into 4th before it hit the trap with my stock gearing so mine as well get to 4th a little bit quicker lol. He gave me a much cheaper price than were I was going to go before so It all worked out. Hopefully I will have the gears in a little while. I told him I wanted to supercharge it but couldn't afford it and they instantly said (if I were you I would run a 50 shot of ZEX!!!) I thought about John, and Ryan when he said that lol. I said nah the nitrous is'nt for me, scares me longevity wise.

I will post the Dyno sheet as soon as I can get it scanned. Trying to get a hold of my DAD as I type.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got my car back from the dyno..

Very cool dude!

oh... and don't be afraid of the Zex!!!! hehehehe...

BTW... 1998 stock GT was rated at 225 at the flywheel... so at the wheel it's going to probably be below 200...
s
Old 02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Thanks screamin, means a lot coming from you of all people. Yea they were saying a 50 shot with a good tune I could then be getting real decent times. I asked them about the 75 or the 100 and they didn't really like the sound of that. There eyes squenched up and kinda gave that "I don't about that much look" But they definitly are with the 50.

I just don't think I could do that to my car though lol.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Cool beans, dude.

I'll probably grab a Zex kit LONG before I get a S/C or T/C, it's just practical and wallet-friendly. If anyone could post some good places to grab a Zex kit, now would be the time!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:25 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Thanks screamin, means a lot coming from you of all people. Yea they were saying a 50 shot with a good tune I could then be getting real decent times. I asked them about the 75 or the 100 and they didn't really like the sound of that. There eyes squenched up and kinda gave that "I don't about that much look" But they definitly are with the 50.

I just don't think I could do that to my car though lol.
sure you could! Zex actually sells 55HP jets... Get the GT kit and buy the 55's if you want... With a good conservative tune I think you can safely run 100HP... there are a LOT of 4.0 Rangers running 100HP shots... I've got numerous passes at the track and on the dyno with the 100HP shot... Now 125HP... that is not for the squeamish! LOL!

BTW... this was hard to watch!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Cool beans, dude.

I'll probably grab a Zex kit LONG before I get a S/C or T/C, it's just practical and wallet-friendly. If anyone could post some good places to grab a Zex kit, now would be the time!
I like these guys... very quick! Good price and free shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-8...spagenameZWDVW
Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Very cool dude!

BTW... 1998 stock GT was rated at 225 at the flywheel... so at the wheel it's going to probably be below 200...
s
wait, so our cars are faster than the 1998 GTs?

did you mean 1988? i am bewildered by this...lol
Old 02-16-2006, 10:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

ORIGINAL: scrming

Very cool dude!

s
wait, so our cars are faster than the 1998 GTs?

did you mean 1988? i am bewildered by this...lol
Our car's are rated at 210HP at the flywheel.... a 1998 Stock GT is rated at 225HP at the flywheel... add a muffler/X-Cal2/CAI to our cars and you're proably at 235HP at the flywheel... so depending on trannys and driver with a few mods you are right there with the 98 GT...

I found this list to be very handy!! http://www.fordcobraengines.com/Mustang%20Engines.htm
Old 02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Great numbers man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the fastest V6 NA that I know off!

Get the Zex, forget 55hp, got 100. LOL.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

oh wow i am very impressed by my car now...lol...and less impressed by the pre-2000 v8s...

Quick Reply: Got my car back from the dyno..